HCPCS E0770 Deleted?

  • Corri
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2012
      I need a little help. We billed E0770:Functional electrical stimulator, transcutaneous stimulation of nerve and/or muscle groups, any type, complete system, not otherwise specified, but Blue Cross is denying the code as not valid on DOS (7/13/12). However, I am unable to find what the new valid code is, can anyone help?

      Thanks!
      Corri
    • virtuous_gracious
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2012
        I need a little help. We billed E0770:Functional electrical stimulator, transcutaneous stimulation of nerve and/or muscle groups, any type, complete system, not otherwise specified, but Blue Cross is denying the code as not valid on DOS (7/13/12). However, I am unable to find what the new valid code is, can anyone help?

        Thanks!
        Corri
      • Charlene Hargrove
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31, 2012
          i show it as still valid

          HCPCS Search Results
          Your search forHCPCS Code:e0770
          Keyword(s):

          Returned 1 result              New Search

          Click on the code to see code detail

          HCPCS Code Short Description Date of Service Valid for DMERC Previous Date of Service Valid for DMERC
              From To
          E0770 Functional electric stim NOS 01/01/2009 present

          Charlene Hargrove, CMBA, CMBA-D
          APMBA-Association of Professional Medical Billers & Administrators
          www.theapmba.com

          TriMed Billing Solutions
          www.trimedbillingsolutions.com
          P.A.I.D Claims Recovery Services
          www.apaidclaim.com
          866-473-0576 (fax)
          919-482-5940 (cell)

          "Trust, Reliability, Integrity"

          I need a little help. We billed E0770:Functional electrical stimulator, transcutaneous stimulation of nerve and/or muscle groups, any type, complete system, not otherwise specified, but Blue Cross is denying the code as not valid on DOS (7/13/12). However, I am unable to find what the new valid code is, can anyone help?

          Thanks!
          Corri

        • Corri Baker
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 31, 2012
            Thank you Charlene! That was very helpful

            Corri