Re: Medical Billing for a Large Practice

  • monica
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 11, 2012
      All payenments should be going directly to the physician not to the billing company. He would get his own tax id # under his practice name.

      --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, Gina Glasco <gg123bb@...> wrote:

      > I have a situation with a potential client that I hope someone can help me with. This physician has a practice with 8 others and currently uses a billing company for their billing and collections.  However, this particular physician is unhappy with the billing/collections and wants to use a different company (hopefully it's my company). My understanding from his e-mail is that all checks except Medicare including self-pay goes to the billing company office and all health plans are contracted under the practice Tax ID.
      >
      > If he were to go with another billing company and still wants to bill under the practice Tax ID how can he receive his payments/EOB to a different address? Will he need to re-credential with the various payers under a new personal Tax ID?
      >
      > I thought that all payments usually were sent to the provider office instead of the billing company. Or is that not the case when it's a large billing company.

    • Charlene Hargrove
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 11, 2012
        OMG, a provider should NEVER have his payments going to the billing company!! all they need are ERA's EOB's

        Charlene Hargrove, CMBA, CMBA-D
        APMBA-Association of Professional Medical Billers & Administrators
        www.theapmba.com

        TriMed Billing Solutions
        www.trimedbillingsolutions.com
        P.A.I.D Claims Recovery Services
        www.apaidclaim.com
        866-473-0576 (fax)
        919-482-5940 (cell)

        "Trust, Reliability, Integrity"

        ________________________________
        All payenments should be going directly to the physician not to the billing company. He would get his own tax id # under his practice name.

        --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, Gina Glasco <gg123bb@...> wrote:

        > I have a situation with a potential client that I hope someone can help me with. This physician has a practice with 8 others and currently uses a billing company for their billing and collections.  However, this particular physician is unhappy with the billing/collections and wants to use a different company (hopefully it's my company). My understanding from his e-mail is that all checks except Medicare including self-pay goes to the billing company office and all health plans are contracted under the practice Tax ID.
        >
        > If he were to go with another billing company and still wants to bill under the practice Tax ID how can he receive his payments/EOB to a different address? Will he need to re-credential with the various payers under a new personal Tax ID?
        >
        > I thought that all payments usually were sent to the provider office instead of the billing company. Or is that not the case when it's a large billing company.

      • Jana
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 11, 2012
          Sounds like a "lockbox" thru a bank in his name is very much needed...they then forward the Eob's and correspondence that comes with the checks ($) and the money is deposited in his account....

          Jana

          ________________________________
          OMG, a provider should NEVER have his payments going to the billing company!! all they need are ERA's EOB's

          Charlene Hargrove, CMBA, CMBA-D
          APMBA-Association of Professional Medical Billers & Administrators
          http://www.theapmba.com/

          TriMed Billing Solutions
          http://www.trimedbillingsolutions.com/
          P.A.I.D Claims Recovery Services
          http://www.apaidclaim.com/

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 12, 2012
            I'm with Jana & Charlene on this one. I used to work for a billing service. All they need is a copy of the EOBs (possibly the check too - helps if you have a "lost" payment) and the provider needs a lockbox. Many banks will offer this service. Check around for some banks that offer "private" services and will cater to physician needs.