RE: [MedicalBillers] Re: Billing from Home

  • josette sylvan
    Message 1 of 5 , May 15, 2012
      not only that cheryl but when you find someone to do the work, then there is the mistakes, OMG, I had to do all the work over again, when I could have done it right the first time myself. Good luck with that, I dont look for no help

      To: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com
      From: cheryl@...
      Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 11:19:19 -0400
      Subject: [MedicalBillers] Re: Billing from Home

      I also have my own business working from home. I have tried to subcontract
      to other individuals working from home in the past but ended up being burnt.
      The problem I ran into is that people want the comforts of working from home
      but aren't reliable and have a bad work ethic. I would give them work to do
      within a certain time frame (ex: enter charges every day) but everything
      else seemed to be more important. Don't get me wrong, I know the reason a
      lot of people work at home is to work around their busy schedules and I work
      around my busy schedule also. I didn't care when in that day the charges was
      entered, I expected it to be done that day though. If I had a person doing
      accounts receivable follow up then that person would need to be available
      during at least part of the day to call insurance companies. When I
      interviewed people I would be very honest about what was required and what
      type of individual I was working for. I wanted someone who could self manage
      themselves and get done what was expected of them each day without me having
      to micromanage them. I'm not a mean person and I do understand that
      emergencies come up. But not doing your work and not giving me a call and
      letting me know what emergency came up (ex: mother in hospital) is not being
      responsible. It's easier for me to do the work then having to micromanage
      someone. I'm sorry to sound so negative but this has been my experience. To
      be honest with you, I'm not sure I would ever try to subcontract with anyone
      again because of my experiences.

      Cheryl M. Crayden

      CMC Medical Services

      CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The documents accompanying this email transmission
      contain confidential information belonging to the sender that is legally
      privileged. This informaiton is intended only for the use of the individual
      or entity named above. The authorized recipient of this information is
      prohibited from disclosing this information to any other party and is
      required to destroy the information after its stated need has been
      fulfilled, unless otherwise required by state law. If you are not the
      distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of these documents
      is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please
      notify the sender immediately to arrange for return of these documents.