Re: [MedicalBillers] Billing from Home

  • Maryann Burke
    Message 1 of 5 , May 14, 2012
      Hi.  I have been self employeed for over 20 years.  I currently bill for 16 DCs from what used to be my son's bed room.  From what I know, these companies that pay you to work at home are SCAMS.  If you are interested in marketing yourself I would be happy to talk to you.  Go to my website and you can find my phone number.

      Maryann
      www.chiroblr.com

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 5 , May 15, 2012
        I also have my own business working from home. I have tried to subcontract
        to other individuals working from home in the past but ended up being burnt.
        The problem I ran into is that people want the comforts of working from home
        but aren't reliable and have a bad work ethic. I would give them work to do
        within a certain time frame (ex: enter charges every day) but everything
        else seemed to be more important. Don't get me wrong, I know the reason a
        lot of people work at home is to work around their busy schedules and I work
        around my busy schedule also. I didn't care when in that day the charges was
        entered, I expected it to be done that day though. If I had a person doing
        accounts receivable follow up then that person would need to be available
        during at least part of the day to call insurance companies. When I
        interviewed people I would be very honest about what was required and what
        type of individual I was working for. I wanted someone who could self manage
        themselves and get done what was expected of them each day without me having
        to micromanage them. I'm not a mean person and I do understand that
        emergencies come up. But not doing your work and not giving me a call and
        letting me know what emergency came up (ex: mother in hospital) is not being
        responsible. It's easier for me to do the work then having to micromanage
        someone. I'm sorry to sound so negative but this has been my experience. To
        be honest with you, I'm not sure I would ever try to subcontract with anyone
        again because of my experiences.

        Cheryl

        Cheryl M. Crayden

        CMC Medical Services

        330-684-1200

        www.cmcmedicalservices.com

        CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The documents accompanying this email transmission
        contain confidential information belonging to the sender that is legally
        privileged. This informaiton is intended only for the use of the individual
        or entity named above. The authorized recipient of this information is
        prohibited from disclosing this information to any other party and is
        required to destroy the information after its stated need has been
        fulfilled, unless otherwise required by state law. If you are not the
        distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of these documents
        is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please
        notify the sender immediately to arrange for return of these documents.

      • healthygrl2008@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , May 15, 2012
          I agree, I've actually fired a couple people that I hired to do our office billing. They did billing but no collections, it was very aggrivating. Having done this for 12 years in the office, I know what will need to be done. I'd like to work from home because public schools in Fl are terrible &I cant afford private school any longer. My teens are well behaved & able to homeschool themselves with a program called Florida Virtual. We'll all be in a room working together. Difference is, I can choose to post early or late in the day so I dont miss sporting events, allowing day time for collection issues.
          at least this is what i'm praying for. :)
[...]

          TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!Cat motivates owner to keep exercising

          Privacy Policy
        • josette sylvan
          Message 4 of 5 , May 15, 2012
            not only that cheryl but when you find someone to do the work, then there is the mistakes, OMG, I had to do all the work over again, when I could have done it right the first time myself. Good luck with that, I dont look for no help

            josette

            To: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com