Billing from Home

  • Karen V
    Message 1 of 5 , May 14, 2012
      Hello everyone,

      Do any of you know of a company that hires people to do medical billing from home? Or even partially in the office and partially at home?

      I am currently looking for a new job but with my children's schedule I'd really prefer not to work will 8pm in an office setting. If I work that late, its because I choose to.

      I've been the assistant offie manager at a Chiropractic office for 12 years. I'm very profienct in Medisoft.

      Also my assitant is moving to Mississipi in June, know anyone up there for either in office or at home billing?

      Thanks for your help,

      Karen
    • Maryann Burke
      Message 2 of 5 , May 14, 2012
        Hi.  I have been self employeed for over 20 years.  I currently bill for 16 DCs from what used to be my son's bed room.  From what I know, these companies that pay you to work at home are SCAMS.  If you are interested in marketing yourself I would be happy to talk to you.  Go to my website and you can find my phone number.

        Maryann
        www.chiroblr.com

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , May 15, 2012
          I also have my own business working from home. I have tried to subcontract
          to other individuals working from home in the past but ended up being burnt.
          The problem I ran into is that people want the comforts of working from home
          but aren't reliable and have a bad work ethic. I would give them work to do
          within a certain time frame (ex: enter charges every day) but everything
          else seemed to be more important. Don't get me wrong, I know the reason a
          lot of people work at home is to work around their busy schedules and I work
          around my busy schedule also. I didn't care when in that day the charges was
          entered, I expected it to be done that day though. If I had a person doing
          accounts receivable follow up then that person would need to be available
          during at least part of the day to call insurance companies. When I
          interviewed people I would be very honest about what was required and what
          type of individual I was working for. I wanted someone who could self manage
          themselves and get done what was expected of them each day without me having
          to micromanage them. I'm not a mean person and I do understand that
          emergencies come up. But not doing your work and not giving me a call and
          letting me know what emergency came up (ex: mother in hospital) is not being
          responsible. It's easier for me to do the work then having to micromanage
          someone. I'm sorry to sound so negative but this has been my experience. To
          be honest with you, I'm not sure I would ever try to subcontract with anyone
          again because of my experiences.

          Cheryl

          Cheryl M. Crayden

          CMC Medical Services

          330-684-1200

          www.cmcmedicalservices.com

          CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The documents accompanying this email transmission
          contain confidential information belonging to the sender that is legally
          privileged. This informaiton is intended only for the use of the individual
          or entity named above. The authorized recipient of this information is
          prohibited from disclosing this information to any other party and is
          required to destroy the information after its stated need has been
          fulfilled, unless otherwise required by state law. If you are not the
          distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of these documents
          is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please
          notify the sender immediately to arrange for return of these documents.

        • healthygrl2008@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 5 , May 15, 2012
            I agree, I've actually fired a couple people that I hired to do our office billing. They did billing but no collections, it was very aggrivating. Having done this for 12 years in the office, I know what will need to be done. I'd like to work from home because public schools in Fl are terrible &I cant afford private school any longer. My teens are well behaved & able to homeschool themselves with a program called Florida Virtual. We'll all be in a room working together. Difference is, I can choose to post early or late in the day so I dont miss sporting events, allowing day time for collection issues.
            at least this is what i'm praying for. :)
[...]

            TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!Cat motivates owner to keep exercising

            Privacy Policy
          • josette sylvan
            Message 5 of 5 , May 15, 2012
              not only that cheryl but when you find someone to do the work, then there is the mistakes, OMG, I had to do all the work over again, when I could have done it right the first time myself. Good luck with that, I dont look for no help

              josette

              To: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com