RE: [MedicalBillers] Need help--how to get Dr to work SMARTER not HARDER

  • josette sylvan
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14 7:48 AM
      I think your idea would only be shuffling things around. The most effective way to increase revenue without increasing work load, is to prune the office insurance participation list. Especially if you have a list of HMO's which pays next to nothing, clogging up the office with so much patient and workload, you are constantly working hard to keep up, but making no money. It takes time to get to this point, but if you implement a course to get there it is possible.

      josette

      To: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com
      From: kayla.kreations@...
      Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 14:21:00 +0000
      Subject: [MedicalBillers] Need help--how to get Dr to work SMARTER not HARDER

      Need help, ideas, suggestions from ya'll.....

      Current situation: dr comes in 10 am or later 5 days a week, front office and
      nurse dont get stop for lunches on avg 3 days a month, dr stays too long in the
      room with every pt she sees, front office and nurse end of working (suppose to
      get off at 5pm) til 530pm sometimes 645pm. staff very irritated with situation
      been going on at least 4 1/2 years this way...dr know wants to add more pts
      every day to make more money---no time for more pts!

      **our weekly work schedule is 9-5 mon-fri except wed its 9-1 (front office and
      nurse never leaving at 1pm)**

      Dr works hard, she doesnt work SMART!!!

      We are internal med practice

      I was thinking if I change how front desk schedules patients, such as maybe
      scheduling our higher paid visits on Wed (half day) and Thursday (full
      day)--such as OV w/physical and our NEW PTS visits.

      Any ideas, suggestions, help????

      Linda