Group Tax ID

  • Halbert
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8 6:18 PM
      I heard rumors that we will soon need group tax id #'s even when the physician is independent. Anyone else heard this? And where do you go for information to stay up and current with the changes?

      Thanks
      Christy H

    • josette sylvan
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 9 8:49 AM
        the only changes I went throught personally, was an individual dr, who is listed as an md pc, had to change all over to an entity, tax id, npi etc.

        this is in oppose to a single dr, ss#, npi etc

        if you a single dr, use your ss# & npi

        if you have a business name, md pc, llc, inc etc, technically you are an entity not an individual.

        josette

        To: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com
        From: halberts1@...
        Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 18:18:26 -0800
        Subject: [MedicalBillers] Group Tax ID

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 9 11:20 AM
          I haven't heard anything about this Christy. My suggestion would be to contact your tax person and discuss this with them, or check on the IRS web site.

          I went to my Part B Carrier and signed up for the Email Newsletter updates https://www.noridianmedicare.com/p-medb/

          Also, I have signed up for CMS updates: http://www.cms.gov/

          Hope this helps!