coding for placement of port o cath

  • debbie brosnan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2012
      Does anyone out here code for placements of chemo ports?

      I am looking to see if the dr puts the port in on the left side but cannot get
      good blood return decides to abandon the site, removed the hardware and close
      the wound.  move to the right side and places the port.

      Can I code 36561-53 LT and 36561 RT.  Or do I only get one?

      Thanks in advance
      Deb