Workers Comp Question

  • Corri
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2011
      We saw a patient in our office on 9/21 when they called to schedule they gave us private health insurance however during the course of their appointment they decided the injury was workers comp and they were going to file and call us with the information. After two phone calls to the patient, I have had no luck in reaching them. Since we know this is going to be a work comp we shouldn't bill the patient or their private health insurance, but what recourse do we have if they don't ever call us back with their claim number etc? Would you bill the patient or their private health?

      Thanks for your help!
      Corri
    • Maryann Burke
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 30, 2011
        I don't know what your state laws require but I would bill the patient with a statement that if they provide the information you need and cooperate you will try to collect for W/C.  All of my clients patients sign something that state that if insurance won't pay they must.

        maryann
        www.chiroblr.com