RE: [MedicalBillers] Medicare denials

  • josette sylvan
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 31, 2011
      No routine physical exam for medicare, no v codes for this type of service. just bill for what you do for the elderly, there is no preventative for them as they all everything already, cause there is nothing to prevent, lol

      > To: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com
      > From: ecbonine@...
      > Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 17:59:03 -0700
      > Subject: Re: [MedicalBillers] Medicare denials
      >
      > Someone i am sure has answered this, but medcare does not cover physicals,
      > other than the welcome to medicare physical in the first year. For those
      > you need to use specialized codes. If a physical was done, I usually will
      > look throught he history and see that really there were several issues
      > addressed. For instance our doctor will always address htn, diabetes,
      > safety, depression scoring, etc. We are able to go through an code those
      > items witht he appropriate e/m level. Does that make sense?
      >
      > Erin...who also does not count medicare as my friend!
      >
      > On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 8:10 AM, Halbert <halberts1@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Ok so Medicare and I aren't friends apparently. I'm getting alot of them
      > > back with Non-Covered Charges. I billed for Preventative 99387 with V70.0.
      > > Where am I going wrong???
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > Christy

    • Halbert
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 3, 2011
        Thanks, this was the G codes I was referring to. Our office hasn't started using them yet, I think it's time to implement them!

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 4, 2011
          If the patients have Medicare primary and then a secondary like AARP or BCBS will the secondary still pay for the G codes??

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 6, 2011
            You're welcome!

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 6, 2011
              It depends on the patient's supplemental plan. Some do. If Medicare doesn't pay (for example 99397), then the supplement might not pay, as Medicare didn't pay. You'd have to check on the patient's indiv. benefits to discover.