Demand for in-home medical biller support / infrastructure?

  • tquatre
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2011
      I work with a company that provides medical billing and practice management services to medical practices and am curious as to the market demand for offering infrastructure and team support to in-home medical billers. We don't know of any companies that offer this service and I'd like to know if anyone has thoughts as to whether or not there would be a demand for such services among medical billers who provide billing services out of their home.

      Essentially, we are talking about offering infrastructure support for in-home billers consisting of a web-based claims management platform, statement processing, a toll-free number for patient inquiries along with phone support, and backup support (sick coverage, vacation coverage, etc.) by a team of medical billing personnel. It would seem that human resources, and hence operational efficiency, may be limited within an in-home environment, and perhaps profitability as well - we are wondering if an offering of this sort would address these issues.

      If anyone has any ideas as to the need for this type of support, I'd love to hear them either as a reply to this post or by email at tquatre@....
    • josette sylvan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2011
        in home billers builds a support which develops the longer they stay in the field.

        first & foremost we all have some kind of medical billing back ground, from school or just ojt, on the job training
        the longer we do it we develop billing, coding experience, we learn with every mistake
        the software we use- the technical support comes from the software manufacture
        we have the clearing houses to let us know whats wrong with our transmissions
        we have this wonderful website where we support each other for any medical billing issues (what else do we need, lol)

        personal story: in my first year of home business, government mandate to upgrade our software to accomodate some new change, I contacted the software company and their VARS (value added reseller) representative made a housecall to fix my computer. Well, let me tell you what happened. The person came & sat at my computer for 2hrs @ $275.00p/hr and for the life of him could not figure out what the problem was. He left, they could not charge me a dime & apologized. A valuable lesson for me in the early years for sure, that was 1998, ( I never moved from that computer until I fixed the problem myself) today I charge $275 p/hr for consultation, to fix your computer, to fix your billing program, to fix your networking, to teach you & your staff billing, to switch you from paper to electronic, to credential practice & providers, everything and anything you need, I have evolved to adapt to all the changes in the industry, I dont even call tech support anymore, I have no support contract).

        But I know there are some people who may not be savy and able to evolve to become independant of the various services available out there. There are many in home billers that provide medical billing but most of us depend on another companies software technical support, clearing house transmission support, & billing & coding support from this website where we support each other. Also, what it seems to me that you would be offering is medical billing services, if you did it for us, what would we be doing? lol Because all the items you listed is everything I do now, I would be out of a job. lol business??? Over the years, I have came in contact with out 3 in house billers you needed help, I did over the phone free of charge. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!

        josette
        Medical Biller, Consultant & Instructor
        A B C
        c i e