Help with Lytec

  • alecsgirl22
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2010
      I am really new to billing, previously had just done basic payment posting using Medical Manager. Now am using Lytec 2006 (I know OLD) billing for a psychiatric practice. Am having claims denied by MCR due to info being in the wrong boxes on 1500 as we are not able to bill electronically thru our software. For example, when pt is MCR/MCD not able to get MCD with number in box 10 of form like its supposed to and cant figure out how to change in template in Lytec. I just got thrown into this after office staff just up and walked out one day. We are currently using Availity for other carriers, but havent gotten the PACE software up and running yet, trying to reach someone at Medicare to walk me thru the EDI part,

      Also, on the 1500 where the diagnosis pointers go, (box 24E) I think, if there is more than 1 dx code does each DX pointer have to be on separate line and if so how do I do that??
      Sorry for the length but am in way over my head and need any help you guys could give me.

      Thanks in advance from Texas

      in the meantime am also looking into taking a good billing or coding course on line if you guys have any suggestions.

      Linda