RE: [MedicalBillers] 837 professional file questions

  • josette thomas
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2010
      Electronic
      Claim
      Submission
      Do you have a computerized Medical Billing Program, where you enter all your patients information?

      To: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com
      From: chiroblr@...
      Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 12:04:23 -0700
      Subject: RE: [MedicalBillers] 837 professional file questions

      ecs? what does that mean? I'm really coming from the dark ages here :)

      maryann
      From: chiroblr@...
      Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 18:45:30 +0000

      I am finally joining the 21st century. I have been doing DDE for a few years for my clients because this way I can control the claims. I do a great deal of personal injury. Now, I"m ready for 837 files. Here is my questions.

      What do I need to change? Do I need to get rid of the . in my dx
      they look like 847.0 now. Do I need to make them look like 8470?

      My ID#s look like XXA843205230 00. Do I need to make them look like
      XXA84320523000?

      Also, in where do I put the first visit with medicare b?

      I think that are my questions now, but I'm sure I forgetting something so speak up and tell me what else I need to fix on my patient files.
      thanks all in advance

      maryann burke
      www.chiroblr.com

    • Maryann Burke
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2010
        if the question is do I use a billing program, yes.  Medisoft V16
        still in the dark ages

        maryann
        Do you have a computerized Medical Billing Program, where you enter all your patients information?

        To: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com
        From: chiroblr@...
        Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 12:04:23 -0700

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 2, 2010
          great! Are you kidding that is the current version isnt it? So you want to sign up with the clearing house to send claim electronically, emdeon, medicaid if you accept it etc. One headsup though. They charge per claims, tax id# for each doctor etc. and there is other alternatives, abit more expensive but definitely worth it. This could take long if you want to chat call me 646-261-7424 ask for josette we can do a Q&A

          Josette

          To: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com
          From: chiroblr@...
          Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 15:57:24 -0700