90662 Denials w/Medicare

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2010
      Just posted yesterday on Noridian Admin Part B site: Great! At least
      they will be reprocessing claims. WATCH YOUR DENIALS AND REPROCESSING
      LIKE HAWKS! According to the Part B rep I spoke to today, it will take
      them a couple of weeks to get the problem fixed and begin the mass
      reprocessing. @&*!$ Medicare. Like they didn't know this cpt code was
      coming up the pipeline. HELLO!?!?!?

      https://www.noridianmedicare.com/p-medb/claims/alerts/102110.html
      <https://www.noridianmedicare.com/p-medb/claims/alerts/102110.html>

      Influenza Vaccine 90662 denied when billed with Diagnoses V04.81 or
      V06.6
      Applies To: Multiple providers

      Procedure Code(s): 90662

      Background
      Claims that contain CPT 90662 and diagnoses V04.81 or V06.6 are
      receiving incorrect denials

      NAS Action
      NAS has identified claims being denied incorrectly with CPT 90662 when
      billed with either diagnoses V04.81 or V06.6.

      We are in the process of updating the system to resolve the issue. We
      will identify affected claims and initiate adjustments once the updates
      are complete.

      Provider Action Needed
      None

      Date Reported: