Re: [MedicalBillers] USDL & Consults

  • Candice Aryitey
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2010
      Corri,

      I ran into the same problem. Official release from the DOL says:

      Consultation Codes

      The US Department of Labor Office of Workers Compensation Program (OWCP) will
      adhere to the recent decision by Center of Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) that was
      announced in MLN Matters, #MM6740. Effective March 1, 2010 OWCP will no longer
      accept the use of the AMA/ CPT Consultation codes ranges 99241-99245 and
      99251-99255 for outpatient and office settings. Any line items submitted with
      date of service on or after March 1, 2010 will be denied and return stating
      "The requested procedure is not a covered service". For additional information
      please refer to CMS MLN Matters Number: MM6740 located at:
      http://www.cms.gov/MLNMattersArticles/downloads/MM6740.pdf

      Hope that helps,

      Candice

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 30, 2010