Modifier 22

  • reeki8@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2000
      Hello List,

      I am currently working in OBGYN and there is some discussion on the use of
      the modifier 22. In the past with other specialties this modifier in the
      Michigan has not done us much good. I was told by a past BCBSM rep that
      most Drs do not document correctly to obtain reimbursement and that in most
      cases the easy cases and hard cancel each other out? Hummm??

      I have problems with physicians documentation. They seem to have a serious
      problem spending money on making sure it is there to obtain proper
      reimbursement.

      Did anyone view the show with the owner of IMED? Interesting concept.
      Totally paperless office and it look great! If you get a chance visit
      their web site at www.imed.com to get a idea of the system.

      Let me know what you think about a paperless office?

      See you soon!

      Jo An