ADHD OFFICE VISITS

  • TINA
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2010
      I work in a pediatricians office and we are stumped. How do we code for a Medication recheck. We were coding it as a 99214 with icd-9 code v58.69. But the doctors typically only spend 15 minutes with the patients.Now, code 99214 says the dr. typically spends 25 min. Now can i still use this code, even if the dr. only spends 15 minutes or do they have to be with the patient for 25 minutes? The code 99213 in our office is considered a sick visit, with a lower fee. Help! Thank you!
    • muhl4groups@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2010
        The codes are set up with two things in mind time and documentation if this is truly just a recheck of meds I can not see how u would have enough documentation for a lvl 4 e/m honestly possibly a 3 and u shouldn't use any code specifically for sick visits what if the pt is very sick and requires a lot more time and work? There are very specific guidlines to follow for coding and if your doc doesn't know them and no one in your office does I would find someone who can provide that for u. If u would like to talk further please feel free to email me direct at muhl4groups@.... Hope that helps

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2010
          I use M0064 for med checks for my ped's patients we have quite a few with
          ADHD who come in for a quick medication check..usually it's 15-20 min.

          Linda Walker

          Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
          <http://www.billerswebsite.com> http://www.billerswebsite.com
          A division of <http://www.klmediallc.com/> K&L Media, LLC
          Interact with us on
          <http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/PMRNC-One-Stop-Networking-Resources-for-Me
          dical-Billers/75437322918> Facebook
          Follow us on
          <http://twitter.com/pmrncC:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Linda%20Walker/My%20D
          ocuments/ACT> Twitter

          database 5166 (20100602) __________

          http://www.eset.com

        • muhl4groups@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2010
            Do u have to be a psych to use that?

              <mailto:MedicalBillers%40yahoogroups.com> >

              <http://www.facebook.com/# <http://www.facebook.com/>

              From: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 2, 2010
                Thanks good info to have

                From: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 2, 2010
                  THANK YOU FOR THE INFO! WHAT DO YOU CHARGE FOR THAT CODE, IF YOU DON'T MIND ME ASKING? THANKS AGAIN!