Medicaid from another state

  • margo_apsbilling
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 10:59 AM
      If I patient comes to see our doctor in GA but has Medicaid from another state because they got ill in GA can you refuse to see them or make them pay for the visit. Its so difficult to get out of state medicaid claims paid because in my experience you have to apply for a provider number and by the time that is done then its not worth the reimbursement especially is the Medicaid is secondary.

      thanks for your help.
    • thebilloff@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1 12:42 PM
        You are correct that you cannot bill another State Medicaid unless you have
        a Medicaid provider number for that State.

        Can you bill the patient? I believe you can but I ask that question to
        your local State Medicaid for confirmation.

        Jackie

        Jackie R. Zube, CMRS
        303-761-7224 (main)
        888-377-7224 (tollfree)