Re: Help - Coding Manuals

  • Andie
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 19, 2010
      Viola,

      Found this on the Internet maybe it will help?

      http://www.mvphealthcare.com/provider/documents/icd9_training_presentation.pdf

      Andie
      --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "violaroberts@..." <violaroberts@...> wrote:

      > Good morning everyone,
      >
      > I'm looking for some tips to help my students.
      > They are learning the CPT and ICD-9 CM manuals.
      >
      > They seem to be having trouble mostly with the ICD-9 CM.
      > Primarily what term to use first when going into the ICD 9.
      >
      > They understand the organization of the manual pretty much.
      >
      > In the CPT Manual, 1 student is having trouble knowing when to use add-on codes and modifiers.
      >
      > I would like them to have someone else's views on how to best find their codes.
      >
      > Thank you in advance,
      >
      > Regards.
      >

      > Viola

    • fami tab
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 22, 2010
        Hello All,

        Question:

        My provider tried to / attempted to give pt an iv, however, after several times attempting couldn't give pt an iv. Prior me be responsible, they charged for the IV.

        I told him you are not allow to charge.

        What is the rule?
        Thanks,
        Fami

        In addition to the manuals, most specialies have a society, like for instance, ACA (American Chiropractic Association) Much coding instruction and modifier help can be found on these websites. Then there are also sites just for coding and code look-up. Many insurance carrier websites also offer coding helps, not to mention the CMS web site. Hope this is helpful.
        Diana of TX.