Re: Help - Coding Manuals

  • djgeisel
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 19, 2010
      In addition to the manuals, most specialies have a society, like for instance, ACA (American Chiropractic Association) Much coding instruction and modifier help can be found on these websites. Then there are also sites just for coding and code look-up. Many insurance carrier websites also offer coding helps, not to mention the CMS web site. Hope this is helpful.
      Diana of TX.

      --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "Andie" <andiec@...> wrote:

      > Hi Viola,
      >
      > Could you give an example of what they are struggling with? When you say the ICD-9 and what terms to start with, it is a bit confusing without some examples.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Andie
      >
      > --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "violaroberts@" <violaroberts@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Good morning everyone,
      > >
      > > I'm looking for some tips to help my students.
      > > They are learning the CPT and ICD-9 CM manuals.
      > >
      > > They seem to be having trouble mostly with the ICD-9 CM.
      > > Primarily what term to use first when going into the ICD 9.
      > >
      > > They understand the organization of the manual pretty much.
      > >
      > > In the CPT Manual, 1 student is having trouble knowing when to use add-on codes and modifiers.
      > >
      > > I would like them to have someone else's views on how to best find their codes.
      > >
      > > Thank you in advance,
      > >
      > > Regards.
      > >

      > > Viola

    • Andie
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 19, 2010
        Viola,

        Found this on the Internet maybe it will help?

        http://www.mvphealthcare.com/provider/documents/icd9_training_presentation.pdf

        Andie
        --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "violaroberts@..." <violaroberts@...> wrote:

        > Good morning everyone,
        >
        > I'm looking for some tips to help my students.
        > They are learning the CPT and ICD-9 CM manuals.
        >
        > They seem to be having trouble mostly with the ICD-9 CM.
        > Primarily what term to use first when going into the ICD 9.
        >
        > They understand the organization of the manual pretty much.
        >
        > In the CPT Manual, 1 student is having trouble knowing when to use add-on codes and modifiers.
        >
        > I would like them to have someone else's views on how to best find their codes.
        >
        > Thank you in advance,
        >
        > Regards.
        >

        > Viola

      • fami tab
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 22, 2010
          Hello All,

          Question:

          My provider tried to / attempted to give pt an iv, however, after several times attempting couldn't give pt an iv. Prior me be responsible, they charged for the IV.

          I told him you are not allow to charge.

          What is the rule?
          Thanks,
          Fami