Re: URGENT CARE VISIT

  • fami tab
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 30, 2010
      Hello Everyone,

      Question: my friend billed insurance with the urgent care cpt code. All of their claim was rejected, no payment was received,
      Any advised?
      Appreciated,
      Thanks,

      Urgent Care Office Visit 99058

      ________________________________
      From: Corri Baker <virtuous_gracious@ yahoo.com>
      To: MedicalBillers@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, January 29, 2010, 4:20 PM

      I understand that, I've worked at a few places like that. Check CMS or google RVU 2010. I'd also be more than happy to help you if you can't find them, take down my email and email me with questions or specific codes you need RVU's for.

      Happy Weekend,

      Corri

      ____________ _________ _________ __

      From: Corri Baker <virtuous_gracious@ yahoo.com>

      To: MedicalBillers@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Friday, January 29, 2010, 3:47 PM

      Also some carriers are now offering on their website for providers to go in and calculate how much they'll get paid and how much the patient will owe. I've seen more and more carriers here in my area offering that as a "perk." So you may check online with some carriers to see if they offer that tool.

      ____________ _________ _________ __

      From: Corri Baker <virtuous_gracious@ yahoo.com>

      To: MedicalBillers@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Friday, January 29, 2010, 3:03 PM

      Hi Carol,

      I'm confused. You're saying your contract rate is $56.00 an RVU? If this is the case then you'll have to get the RVU for the code you're billing, then you multiply the RVU by $56 to get the price you'll be paid by the insurance. Once you know what you'll be paid you can easily figure out the 10% the patient will owe just multiply it by 0.10.

      I hope I didn't misunderstand you,

      Corri :)

      ____________ _________ _________ __

      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 1, 2010
        Hi,
        That's a little vague...what did the denial say on the remittance advice? It could be many reasons...

        Erika D.
        Mid Ohio Pulmonary & Sleep Assoc, Inc.

        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 1, 2010
          In our state (Mi) depending on the carrier we bill this CPT code with a zero dollar amount then the appropiate level E/M all with a place of service 11.  99058 is just identifing services rendered in urgent care setting.  Many payers dont even show this code as a payable service.  Blues use an "S" code with the E/M to identify services preformed in an urgent care setting.  Hope this helps.

          Deb

          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 1, 2010
            Here's where you find RVUs.
            http://www.cms.hhs.gov/PhysicianFeeSched/PFSCSF/list.asp#TopOfPage

            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 1, 2010
              It must be billed "in addition to basic service" (other E/M, CPT, etc.). It cannot be billed alone. Check out your CPT code book for exact language.

              Hope that helps!

              --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, fami tab <marmar623@...> wrote:

              > Hello Everyone,
              >
              > Question: my friend billed insurance with the urgent care cpt code. All of their claim was rejected, no payment was received,
              > Any advised?
              > Appreciated,
              > Thanks,
              >
              > Urgent Care Office Visit 99058

            • djgeisel
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 1, 2010
                To take off on this...the fifth visit will have $26 left to the deductible so collect $26 plus the remaining amount of $30 you charge 10% which is 3.00 so all together on the 5th visit charge the patient 29.00.($26.00 + $3.00) On the next visit $5.60 is 10% of the approved amount and that is of course what you would collect since now the deductible is met.
                Diana

              • fami tab
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 1, 2010
                  Thanks, Yes, that will help.