Clarity II - Cholesterol & Glucose Meter - Dual Monitoring CPT?

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2009
      Does anyone know if there is a CPT code for a dual monitoring system (designed for healthcare professional & home use), for checking both cholesterol / glucose meter?

      Box says it is CLIA waived. It is called Clarity II Cholesterol / Glucose Meter. There was nothing coding wise in the package insert - Diagnostic Test Group is the manufacturer.

      We used it to test an 8 year old's cholesterol level. He was in for a well child exam. Mom is morbidly obese and doesn't make very good food choices for her child. Doc said he wanted to start testing these kids in the office first, before ordering lab work. Does anyone know if this test is billable?

      The closest CPT I could find on this was 82962, but I'm thinking that's not the right code? Can anyone help?

      TIA,