RE: [MedicalBillers] Patient Statement

  • Linda Walker
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 11, 2009
      What does your contract say?

      Linda Walker

      Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
      <http://www.billerswebsite.com> http://www.billerswebsite.com
      A division of K&L Media, LLC
      <http://www.klmediallc.com> http://www.klmediallc.com

      Website Design & Management for the Medical Services Industry

      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 11, 2009
        we are creating our contract now.

        How do you charge the client for sending out patient statements/invoices ?

        database 4597 (20091111) __________

        http://www.eset com

      • Maryann Burke
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 11, 2009
          1st 10 a month are free, after that $1.00 a piece.  Collect those darn co-pays at the time of visit :)

          Maryann Burke

          How do you charge the client for sending out patient statements/invoices ?

          database 4597 (20091111) __________

          http://www.eset com

        • Deb Tru
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 11, 2009
            Good Fee schedule, Maryann, I like it......

            At 06:36 PM 11/11/2009, you wrote:

            >1st 10 a month are free, after that $1.00 a
            >piece. Collect those darn co-pays at the time of visit :)

            >Maryann Burke
            >
            >--- On Wed, 11/11/09, Brian Sands
            ><<mailto:denverbri69%40yahoo.com>denverbri69@...> wrote:
            >
            >From: Brian Sands <<mailto:denverbri69%40yahoo.com>denverbri69@...>
            >Subject: RE: [MedicalBillers] Patient Statement
            >To: <mailto:MedicalBillers%40yahoogroups.com>MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com
            >Date: Wednesday, November 11, 2009, 8:09 PM
            >

            >we are creating our contract now.Â

            Thanks, and Have a Great Day!

            Deb

            Tru Medical Billing,
            at your service

            Deb Tru
            602-525-9888
            Fx: 480-772-4598
            www.tmedbilling.com .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .

          • Heidi Mack
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 11, 2009
              The doctor I work for does collect the copays at the time of the visit but what about what the insurance does not pay for or the deductables?

              Heidi Mack

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 11, 2009
                at a dollar a piece there is no profit between the stamps, envelope and statement.  Is this suppose to be a loss leader?

                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 12, 2009
                  that's why I allow 10 a month.  I also let them grow during the year so if I don't send out any this month then next month there are 20.  This covers the ded. at the beginning of the year.

                  Maryann

                  ____________ _________ _________ __

                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 12, 2009
                    It's a dollar for the mailing but I still get the 8% of collections.  The dollar is to mail the darn thing.

                    Maryann Burke

                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 12, 2009
                      makes sense.  Your feedback has been valuable.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 12, 2009
                        anytime.  20 years of billing for DCs with 17 years self employed.

                        Maryann Burke

                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 12, 2009
                          So Maryann.. you don't send out statements each month?

                          Heidi Mack

                          Message 12 of 13 , Nov 12, 2009
                            No I send statements out every month but there are months that there are no statements because everything was collected on site.

                            Maryann