Oregon Senate Bill 508

  • virtuous_gracious
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2009
      Anyone in Oregon? I just wanted to pass this information on.

      As of 1/1/10 Bill 508 Requires health insurers to request a refund from health care providers within 24 months of the date of payment, with certain exceptions, and to allow six months for payment of a refund. The bill also requires providers to request an additional payment for a claim from insurers within 24 months after the date the claim was denied, with certain exceptions, and to allow insurers six months to make the additional payment.

      You can read all their "lingo" here http://www.leg.state.or.us/09reg/measures/sb0500.dir/sb0508.en.html
      or this link is from the Oregon State website http://insurance.oregon.gov/legislature/2009_legislature/2009-ins_legislation-main.html

      I received a letter from ODS stating they are changing their policies so they are compliant with this new bill. I wanted to share this information with everyone in case you didn't know. :)
      Thanks,
      Corri
    • Mandy Hart
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 18, 2010