Re: Independence Blue Cross

  • djgeisel
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2009
      Yes, NPPES.com

      --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, Viola Roberts <violaroberts@...> wrote:

      > I hate dealing with Independence Blue Cross.
      >
      > I have been trying to get the Credentialing process started since August 18.
      > Since then I have been getting the run around from 5 different departments.
      > I've been assigned to a Network Coordinator that rarely answers he phone.
      >
      > I've sent her numerous emails about the process and now she decides to get back to me after I have decided to do a bit of screaming and yelling.
      >
      > She is telling me that I have to contract with Highmark Blue Shield in Pittsburgh, apply for a 9AA Group assignment account and apply for an NPI Type 2 provider number.
      > This lady does not know how pissed I am at her. My providers are ready to open November 1 and they are still not credentialed.
      >
      > Why couldn't she have told me all this in the beginning?
      >
      > My question to the group, do I go through the same NPI website to apply for this Type 2 NPI number?
      >
      > Thank you in advance.
      >

      > Viola Roberts, Medical Office Manager
      > The Welcare Center
      > PO Box 736
      > Spring House, PA 19477

    • Linda Walker
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2009
        Hmm.. IBC announced they were stopping their request to merge with Highmark
        earlier in the year.

        Anyway.. I have a website that I login to for each client for applications,
        review, etc. You have to click "register" first though. This is the Office
        Manager / Module so you will need a login and auth from each client.

        https://upd.caqh.org/pmm/

        Linda Walker

        Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
        <http://www.billerswebsite.com> http://www.billerswebsite.com
        A division of K&L Media, LLC
        <http://www.klmediallc.com> http://www.klmediallc.com

        Website Design & Management for the Medical Services Industry

        database 4490 (20091008) __________

        http://www.eset.com