Independence Blue Cross

  • Viola Roberts
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2009
      I hate dealing with Independence Blue Cross.

      I have been trying to get the Credentialing process started since August 18.
      Since then I have been getting the run around from 5 different departments.
      I've been assigned to a Network Coordinator that rarely answers he phone.

      I've sent her numerous emails about the process and now she decides to get back to me after I have decided to do a bit of screaming and yelling.

      She is telling me that I have to contract with Highmark Blue Shield in Pittsburgh, apply for a 9AA Group assignment account and apply for an NPI Type 2 provider number.
      This lady does not know how pissed I am at her. My providers are ready to open November 1 and they are still not credentialed.

      Why couldn't she have told me all this in the beginning?

      My question to the group, do I go through the same NPI website to apply for this Type 2 NPI number?

      Thank you in advance.

      Viola Roberts, Medical Office Manager
      The Welcare Center
      PO Box 736
      Spring House, PA 19477

    • djgeisel
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2009
        Yes, NPPES.com

        --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, Viola Roberts <violaroberts@...> wrote:

        > I hate dealing with Independence Blue Cross.
        >
        > I have been trying to get the Credentialing process started since August 18.
        > Since then I have been getting the run around from 5 different departments.
        > I've been assigned to a Network Coordinator that rarely answers he phone.
        >
        > I've sent her numerous emails about the process and now she decides to get back to me after I have decided to do a bit of screaming and yelling.
        >
        > She is telling me that I have to contract with Highmark Blue Shield in Pittsburgh, apply for a 9AA Group assignment account and apply for an NPI Type 2 provider number.
        > This lady does not know how pissed I am at her. My providers are ready to open November 1 and they are still not credentialed.
        >
        > Why couldn't she have told me all this in the beginning?
        >
        > My question to the group, do I go through the same NPI website to apply for this Type 2 NPI number?
        >
        > Thank you in advance.
        >

        > Viola Roberts, Medical Office Manager
        > The Welcare Center
        > PO Box 736
        > Spring House, PA 19477

      • Linda Walker
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 8, 2009
          Hmm.. IBC announced they were stopping their request to merge with Highmark
          earlier in the year.

          Anyway.. I have a website that I login to for each client for applications,
          review, etc. You have to click "register" first though. This is the Office
          Manager / Module so you will need a login and auth from each client.

          https://upd.caqh.org/pmm/

          Linda Walker

          Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
          <http://www.billerswebsite.com> http://www.billerswebsite.com
          A division of K&L Media, LLC
          <http://www.klmediallc.com> http://www.klmediallc.com

          Website Design & Management for the Medical Services Industry

          database 4490 (20091008) __________

          http://www.eset.com