2009 conversion factor

  • djgeisel
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2009
      Effective 08/15/09 BCBS of TX is updating the fee schedule. Does anyone know what the current conversion factor is for BC? Is it the same as Medicare? Thanks in advance.
      Diana
    • mrspfcsmith
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 6, 2009
        Diana,

        The last time they updated their Fee Schedule, our provider relations rep did confirm they use Medicare's as well.

        you may want to check with your provider relations rep just to make sure.

        Thanks for bringing this up. Now it's time to take a look and see if we need to adjust any of our fees.

        Virginia

        --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "djgeisel" <djgeisel@...> wrote:

        > Effective 08/15/09 BCBS of TX is updating the fee schedule. Does anyone know what the current conversion factor is for BC? Is it the same as Medicare? Thanks in advance.
        > Diana

      • djgeisel
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6, 2009
          Yes, I did check with them and finally heard back. The conversion factor for them is $29.39 for most of our services so the approved amounts will go down 8/15/09 again. I understand from what I read on the CMS web site that the Medicare conversion factor is higher and actually went up by 1.1%. That is, if I understood what I was reading.
          Diana of TX
          --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "mrspfcsmith" <mrspfcsmith@...> wrote:

          > Diana,
          >
          > The last time they updated their Fee Schedule, our provider relations rep did confirm they use Medicare's as well.
          >
          > you may want to check with your provider relations rep just to make sure.
          >
          > Thanks for bringing this up. Now it's time to take a look and see if we need to adjust any of our fees.
          >
          > Virginia
          >

          > --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "djgeisel" <djgeisel@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Effective 08/15/09 BCBS of TX is updating the fee schedule. Does anyone know what the current conversion factor is for BC? Is it the same as Medicare? Thanks in advance.
          > > Diana

        • djgeisel
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 6, 2009
            OOPS I meant 29.39 with no Dollar sign...