Re: [MedicalBillers] Re: Fax machine vs online fax service

  • Deb Tru
    Message 1 of 14 , May 28 4:22 PM
      Josie,

      What kind of billing do you do?

      Deb

      At 06:27 PM 4/21/2009, you wrote:

> [...]
      >Callwave fax first, then I forward it and have proof.
      >My phone lines are as follows: 1 from t-mobile who had an offer of $9.99
      >per month for unlimited calling and the other line is from the cable company
      >and it shows me on the TV who is calling me. For this second one I have a
      >package of phone, internet and cable. Therefore, it does not matter how
      >much I send because is all unlimited. I never pass any limits with Callwave
      >($12.95 per month). You might think I have different bills but is the
      >clients I have which require me to function like this. I currently have 4
      >desks with computers in my living room and already hired an assistant. I
      >got my first clients in November and they are spreading the word.
      >On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 6:24 PM, crfranck_01
      ><<mailto:crfranck_01%40yahoo.com>crfranck_01@...> wrote:
      >

      > > Ultimately, I would think, it comes down to what is, or is not,
      > > HIPAA compliant, which I can't say I know for certain. However,
      > > please consider the following Wiki regarding e-mail,
      > >
      > > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-mail>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-mail
      > >
      > > Basic e-mail traverses the Internet in the clear, that is, it's not
      > > encrypted. In the case of online fax services this can possibly
      > > happen at least twice. First when the fax is sent to your e-mail
      > > server, second if you access your e-mail over an unsecure internet
      > > connection.
      > >
      > > This is why online fax services offer a secure option. Once they
      > > receive the fax they keep it on their server and guarantee you
      > > only access it over an HTTPS connection, which is encrypted.
      > >
      > > I agree that e-mail based faxes almost ensure the intended
      > > recipient gets the fax, but they may introduce a false sense
      > > of security if not properly configured by an IT service/department.
      > >

      > > --- In
      > <mailto:MedicalBillers%40yahoogroups.com>MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com
      > <MedicalBillers%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > "Linda Walker" <linda@...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > That's not true, the basic version of all those services uses the highest
      > > > level of security, NO different than me sending through a phone line and
      > > it
      > > > showing up on your machine. In fact it's more secure. If I fax to you and
      > > > your fax is setup to receive via email, then I have MORE Of a chance of
      > > the
      > > > fax going to the intended person than if I stood and faxed to a machine.
      > > > Usually the paid versions just offer a few more bells/whistles.
      > > >

      > > > Linda Walker
      > > >
      > > > Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
      > > > <<http://www.billerswebsite.com>http://www.billerswebsite.com>
      > http://www.billerswebsite.com
      > > > A division of K&L Media, LLC
      > > > <<http://www.klmediallc.com>http://www.klmediallc.com>
      > http://www.klmediallc.com
      > > >
      > > > Website Design & Management for the Medical Services Industry

      > <mailto:MedicalBillers%40yahoogroups.com>MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com
      > <MedicalBillers%40yahoogroups.com>[mailto:

      Tru Medical Billing,
      at your service

      Deb Tru
      602-525-9888
      Fx: 602-996-0140
      www.tmedbilling.com

    • Brian Sands
      Message 2 of 14 , May 28 4:28 PM
        We use the online fax service provided by Godaddy.com.  all incoming faxes are free and sending faxes can be done through your email account in outlook.  We pay about $14 per month and that includes unlimited incoming faxes and about 100 pages of outgoing.  Check them out.  A Very dependable service and no spam faxes.

> [...]
        > > it
        > > > showing up on your machine. In fact it's more secure. If I fax to you and
        > > > your fax is setup to receive via email, then I have MORE Of a chance of
        > > the
        > > > fax going to the intended person than if I stood and faxed to a machine.
        > > > Usually the paid versions just offer a few more bells/whistles.
        > > >

        > > > Linda Walker
        > > >
        > > > Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
        > > > <<http://www.billersw ebsite.com>http://www.billersw ebsite.com>
        > http://www.billersw ebsite.com
        > > > A division of K&L Media, LLC
        > > > <<http://www.klmedial lc.com>http://www.klmedial lc.com>
        > http://www.klmedial lc.com
        > > >
        > > > Website Design & Management for the Medical Services Industry

        > <mailto:MedicalBill ers%40yahoogroup s.com>MedicalBillers@ yahoogroups. com
        > <MedicalBillers% 40yahoogroups. com>[mailto:

        Tru Medical Billing,
        at your service

        Deb Tru
        602-525-9888
        Fx: 602-996-0140
        www.tmedbilling. com

      • Josie Mapp
        Message 3 of 14 , May 28 5:05 PM
          Outpatient. Why?

          Message 4 of 14 , May 29 8:06 AM
            Well! Go Daddy hosts my web site so I will call them! I am new to
            the business, but may get a client that will be sending lots of
            faxes, so it is close to time to get a fax service. I have been very
            happy with Go Daddy as a web host.

            Thanks!

            deb

            Tru Medical Billing,
            at your service

            Deb Tru
            602-525-9888
            Fx: 602-996-0140
            www.tmedbilling.com

          • Deb Tru
            Message 5 of 14 , May 29 8:08 AM
              Just Curious, Josie. You talked about your business growing so I was
              wondering if you specialized in any particular type of billing. I am
              new to the business and am doing Chiropractic. I market for Mental
              Health, but have none right now.

              Deb

              Tru Medical Billing,
              at your service

              Deb Tru
              602-525-9888
              Fx: 602-996-0140
              www.tmedbilling.com

            • Brian Sands
              Message 6 of 14 , May 29 8:20 AM
                Gooooo  Daddy!

                At 04:28 PM 5/28/2009, you wrote:

> [...]
                > >Fax: 646-403-3699
                > >
                > >THIS EMAIL AND ANY FILES TRANSMITTED WITH IT ARE CONFIDENTIAL AND ARE
                > >INTENDED SOLELY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHOM THEY ARE
                > >ADDRESSED. This document may contain information covered under the Privacy
                > >Act, 5 USC 552(a), and/or the Health Insurance Portability and
                > >Accountability Act (PL 104-191) and its various implementing regulations and
                > >must be protected in accordance with those provisions.
                > >
                > >If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
                > >delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have
                > >received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
                > >printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.
                > >
                > >If you have received this email in error, please return immediately to the
                > >sender and delete this copy from your system. Thank you for your

                Tru Medical Billing,
                at your service

                Deb Tru
                602-525-9888
                Fx: 602-996-0140
                www.tmedbilling. com

              • Margo Tockerman
                Message 7 of 14 , May 29 12:51 PM
                  We use Packetel (http://www.packetel.com/Fax/faxServiceMain.asp). I have
                  never had any problems and it 3.95 a month for unlimited faxes. Just
                  thought I would put it out there. If you decide to use them put me as
                  referral and I get a free month! Thanks.

                  Margo Tockerman

                  (p) (404) 270-9635

                  (f) (678) 298-6214

                  www.apsbilling.net