medicare claim denial codes

  • skm283
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
      Hello All,
      Is there someplace where I can get a copy of the current Medicare claim
      denial codes?
      I'm rather new and the Medicare eob's can be overwhelming to say the least.
      Thank you in advance.
      Sandy
    • Candice Aryitey
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
        Hi Sandy,

        This is the site I use.  Let me know if it helps.

        http://www.wpc-edi.com/products/codelists/alertservice

        Click on Claim Adjustment Reason Codes and/or Remittance Advice Remark Codes.

        Candice Aryitey, CCS-P
        Billing Manager
        General Medical Consultants, Inc.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
          Sandy, that is the best one because you can find all the sets in one page.

          Josie Mapp

          On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Candice Aryitey <claryitey@...>wrote:

          > Hi Sandy,
          >
          > This is the site I use. Let me know if it helps.
          >
          > http://www.wpc-edi.com/products/codelists/alertservice
          >
          > Click on Claim Adjustment Reason Codes and/or Remittance Advice Remark
          > Codes.
          >

          > Candice Aryitey, CCS-P
          > Billing Manager
          > General Medical Consultants, Inc.
          >
          > --- On Thu, 4/30/09, skm283 <sandyk0924@...<sandyk0924%40sbcglobal.net>>
          > wrote:
          >
          > From: skm283 <sandyk0924@... <sandyk0924%40sbcglobal.net>>
          > Subject: [MedicalBillers] medicare claim denial codes
          > To: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com <MedicalBillers%40yahoogroups.com>
          > Date: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 12:36 PM
          >
          > Hello All,
          > Is there someplace where I can get a copy of the current Medicare claim
          > denial codes?
          > I'm rather new and the Medicare eob's can be overwhelming to say the least.
          > Thank you in advance.
          > Sandy

          Josie Mapp
          JG Professional Services, Inc.
          Credentialing, Collections & Medical Billing Services
          Cell: 917-892-7201
          Fax: 646-403-3699

          THIS EMAIL AND ANY FILES TRANSMITTED WITH IT ARE CONFIDENTIAL AND ARE
          INTENDED SOLELY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHOM THEY ARE
          ADDRESSED. This document may contain information covered under the Privacy
          Act, 5 USC 552(a), and/or the Health Insurance Portability and
          Accountability Act (PL 104-191) and its various implementing regulations and
          must be protected in accordance with those provisions.

          If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
          delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have
          received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
          printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

          If you have received this email in error, please return immediately to the
          sender and delete this copy from your system. Thank you for your
          cooperation.

        • Onassis Henderson
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
            advertise