Re: [MedicalBillers] Cold laser therapy

  • Karen Vulgamore
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2009
      I used CLT all the time. Yes patients respond. They seem to respond faster when used in combination with ultrasound....my opinion not necessarily  a clinical fact.
      I bill either 97039 or S8948.  Bc/BS denies 90% of the time. I've had several carriers pay, but I have not tracked it to see which carries pay better.  Let me know what you find!!

      -K

      Does anyone use cold laser therapy in thier office and if so is it payable under insurance and what code is used for it? How have your patients responded to it?
      Diana

    • djgeisel
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2009
        Thank you very much. Diana