bankruptcy petitions?

  • margo_apsbilling
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3 7:35 AM
      Can I get some feed back as to how these are handled in your office?
      Do you submit your charges in hopes of being paid? Do you have a $
      limit? We are going to see more and more of these so I am trying to
      get a system in place.

      Thanks!
    • Zia Clarkson
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3 7:50 AM
        Not dealing with this in this practice I work in now, but, in the past I have put in for the entire bill.

        One experience was that as a PCP practice, we did physicals for a local bus company's bus drivers.  The bus company went under. We submitted our entire bill and it was several years later that we did get paid a large percentage (greater than 60% ) of our bill.  It was several years later, though. The bill at the time was in excess of 10,000.  For a PCP practice that is a considerable amount of money.

        Good luck. I imagine more of us will deal with this in  the future. We look forward to your sharing on your experience as well.

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3 8:22 AM
          With Bankruptcy, they send you a form to fill out for the debt, once you
          submit it, it goes to the trustee.. depending on the "TYPE" of bankruptcy
          Chapter 7, 11 or 13 you may or may not get paid. On the chapters that are
          re-payments to trustee's secured creditors are paid first with monthly pmts
          dispersed via the trustee, Non secured accts are paid LAST if there is money
          left over.

          Regardless once an acct is under bankruptcy and you are notified, you cannot
          bill the debtor at all anymore and any /all credit or collections have to
          cease.

          Linda Walker

          Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
          <http://www.billerswebsite.com> http://www.billerswebsite.com
          A division of K&L Media, LLC
          <http://www.klmediallc.com> http://www.klmediallc.com

          Website Design & Management for the Medical Services Industry

          database 3904 (20090303) __________

          http://www.eset.com