Trouble with Medisoft software

  • janluvscats_7
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 11, 2008
      I am trying to practice with the patient software. When i enter
      certain codes it says that they are not HIPPA approved and asks if i
      want to still use them. Also, what do i have to do exactly to start
      sending electronic claims? I tried reading the help ,but didn't get a
      lot. I know you all have been through this and i need your help. I want
      to start my business, but have to make sure i can operate the software
      before i start up and send out all my material .Thanks in advance, Jan
    • Lin
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 11, 2008
        You should check into getting Medisoft Training, they have a LOT of vendors
        all over the place that have training. One of the things I regret most was
        not spending the extra money and learning my software, your first client
        should not be a guinea pig so think of it that way.

        Also and I'm not trying to pick on you, actually it's a common error but one
        that needs pointing out. It's HIPAA not HIPPA. Just in case you are like me
        and some words you constantly spell wrong, this would be one of them you
        should get in habit of spelling right. : )

        Lin

        I am trying to practice with the patient software. When i enter
        certain codes it says that they are not HIPPA approved and asks if i
        want to still use them. Also, what do i have to do exactly to start
        sending electronic claims? I tried reading the help ,but didn't get a
        lot. I know you all have been through this and i need your help. I want
        to start my business, but have to make sure i can operate the software
        before i start up and send out all my material .Thanks in advance, Jan

        database 3604 (20081111) __________

        http://www.eset.com

      • fishersj3
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 17, 2008
          --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "janluvscats_7"
          <janluvscats_7@...> wrote:

          > I am trying to practice with the patient software. When i enter
          > certain codes it says that they are not HIPPA approved and asks if i
          > want to still use them. Also, what do i have to do exactly to start
          > sending electronic claims? I tried reading the help ,but didn't get a
          > lot. I know you all have been through this and i need your help. I
          want
          > to start my business, but have to make sure i can operate the
          software
          > before i start up and send out all my material .Thanks in advance, Jan

          when you entered the code description in medisoft there was a box that
          you can select that says HIPAA approved if you select or check the box
          then that message should not come up. You need a clearinghouse to send
          claims electronically.
          sybil
        • janluvscats_7
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 28, 2008
            --- Hi.. just now read your response.. thank you...Jan