RE: [MedicalBillers] New to billing....Jan

  • janet morrow
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 4, 2008
      Thank you so much for all the help. I feel better already !
      Janet

      To: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.comFrom: italiandoll1967@...: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 18:49:28 -0500Subject: RE: [MedicalBillers] New to billing....Jan

      I think that is the ideal situation if you are coming out of the startinggate with no previous experience. Some courses are really good but nothingbeats on-site experience in a medical office. I will say this, there is ahuge difference between running your own business and working in an office.You have to watch you don't pick up certain habits that are used in anoffice setting. Also you have to understand that if you work for a busyoffice, and you are overwhelmed, don't be discouraged thinking you can't dothis for a few offices (a common misconception) because when you have yourown business you will get one client at a time and fall into a nice pattern.I have seen billers who get to a doctors office and then not have the timeto get their business going (marketing, setup, etc) so you have to learn howto budget your time or set a goal for yourself. You will find it might be atough start in finding a job first as most places want experience. When youstart your business you tend to have a little bit of flexibility when youmarket on how your market perceives your education over your experience.Best of luck. Keep us posted on your progress!Linda WalkerPractice Managers Resource & Networking Community<http://www.billerswebsite.com> http://www.billerswebsite.com A division of K&L Media, LLC<http://www.klmediallc.com> http://www.klmediallc.comWebsite Design & Management for the Medical Services IndustryFrom: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of janet morrowSent: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 6:24 PMTo: medicalbillers@yahoogroups.comSubject: RE: [MedicalBillers] New to billing....JanI plan to start my own business,but really i would love to work somewhereand get the medical office experience and do like interning with someone whoknows what they're doing...i could learn a lot from that Janet To: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.comFrom<mailto:MedicalBillers%40yahoogroups.comFrom> :italiandoll1967@... <mailto:italiandoll1967%40yahoo.comDate> :Tue, 4 Nov 2008 18:16:58 -0500Subject: RE: [MedicalBillers] New tobilling....JanAre you about to start your own business or are you looking for ajob?Congrats on finishing your course!Linda WalkerPractice Managers Resource& Networking Community<http://www.billerswebsite.com>http://www.billerswebsite.com A division of K&L Media,LLC<http://www.klmediallc.com> http://www.klmediallc.comWebsite Design &Management for the Medical Services IndustryFrom:MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com <mailto:MedicalBillers%40yahoogroups.com>[mailto:MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com<mailto:MedicalBillers%40yahoogroups.com> ]On Behalf Of janluvscats_7Sent:Tuesday, November 04, 2008 5:55 PMTo: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.comSubject<mailto:MedicalBillers%40yahoogroups.comSubject> : [MedicalBillers] New tobilling....JanHello all, I have just finished a billing/claims course andjust joined this group. I have been looking for other women that have beendoing this.I am 54 and work full time in a factory and want to do thismedical billing from home in a little while. Any advice would be more thanwelcome.__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virussignaturedatabase 3583 (20081104) __________The message was checked by ESETSmart Security.http://www.eset.com[Non-text portions of this message havebeen removed] __________________________________________________________Get more out of the Web. Learn 10 hidden secrets of Windows Live.http://windowslive.com/connect/post/jamiethomson.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns!550F681DAD532637!5295.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_domore_092008[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signaturedatabase 3583 (20081104) __________The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.http://www.eset.com[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

    • debbie brosnan
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 5, 2008
               It is very do able.  But there is alot of sweat and tears that come into play.  Dont think you cant do it.  YOU CAN.  Be Strong go after your dreams.  Never let anyone tell you you cant succeed with your dreams.  When you think you are overhelmed and cant keep up.  Evaluate your load.  When I fist starded out I made the mistake of thinking I could do anything.   My Clients went from 1 to 6 with two cleints being ambulatory surgery centers the first year.  I thought I could keep up.  It cost me two cleints.  I had to step back and re-evaluate what  I was capable of handling as a full load and at what point I needed to hire some help.  Your local college could be a great resource for cheap labor.  Especially if the college has a billing program.  Externship students are free help for usually 150-200 hours.  Take advantge of them.  They need the experience and you need the help.

        So dream on and never think you cant.  We are here for you.

        Deb

        To: MedicalBillers@ yahoogroups. comFrom: italiandoll1967@ yahoo.comDate: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 18:49:28 -0500Subject: RE: [MedicalBillers] New to billing....Jan

        ers%40yahoogroup s.comFrom> :italiandoll1967@ yahoo.comDate <mailto:italiandoll 1967%40yahoo. comDate> :Tue, 4 Nov 2008 18:16:58 -0500Subject: RE: [MedicalBillers] New tobilling... .JanAre you about to start your own business or are you looking for ajob?Congrats on finishing your course!Linda WalkerPractice Managers Resource& Networking Community<http://www.billersw ebsite.com>http://www.billersw ebsite.com A division of K&L Media,LLC<http://www.klmedial lc.com> http://www.klmedial lc.comWebsite Design &Management for the Medical Services IndustryFrom:MedicalBillers@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:MedicalBill ers%40yahoogroup s.com>[mailto:MedicalBillers@ yahoogroups. com<mailto:MedicalBill ers%40yahoogroup s.com> ]On Behalf Of janluvscats_ 7Sent:Tuesday, November 04, 2008 5:55 PMTo: MedicalBillers@ yahoogroups. comSubject<mailto:MedicalBill ers%40yahoogroup s.comSubject> : [MedicalBillers] New tobilling... .JanHello all, I have just finished a billing/claims