RE: [MedicalBillers] Re: HCFA Software

  • Lin
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 2, 2008
      Wow I've heard people go from Medisoft to Lytec, but never the other way
      around. I've been through several software's myself. <sigh>

      Linda Walker

      Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
      <http://www.billerswebsite.com> http://www.billerswebsite.com
      A division of K&L Media, LLC
      <http://www.klmediallc.com> http://www.klmediallc.com

      Website Design & Management for the Medical Services Industry

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 2, 2008
        It's all In the format with the clearinghouse you submit. Medisoft is
        capable of filing claims electronically. There might be different
        clearinghouses with direct transmission to carriers which require special
        formatting or separate modules.. but again, Medisoft can file
        electronically. Now I'm not defending the software at all I don't like the
        program but I still have a few clients unwilling to change. I do think there
        is something that differentiates them from vendor to vendor though.

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 3, 2008
          Hah! it was definitely a downhill move - one that will be corrected very soon!

          wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I bill in a nursing facility using the UB, but we recently have a
          Nurse
          > Practitioner on board and we need to bill using the HCFA
          Software...is
          > there a certain one that is better than another that is HIPAA
          compliant
          > and electronically transmits the claim....or will the cheaper ones
          > online you can buy work just as good?
          >
          > That is if medicare takes paper claims still?

          database 3491 (20081003) __________

          http://www.eset com

        • Josie Mapp
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 3, 2008
            Yes, is all about the settings between the software and the clearinghouse.
            I use DAQ Billing and all I have to do is click one key and claims go to the
            clearinghouse without me going to a different software.

            On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 8:33 PM, Erin Bonine <ecbonine@...> wrote:

            > I am the first to announce that I am barely computer literate. But this
            > question just drives me crazy. Why with Medisoft do I need an additional
            > program to be able to send claims electronically. It seems to me that in
            > this day and age we should be able to just key in the bills and then upload
            > them to the clearinghouse. Do all of the different vendors require this
            > or is it just one of the many quirks of medisoft?
            >
            > Erin

            Josie Mapp, Medical Biller & Collector
            JG Professional Services
            Cell: 917-892-7201

            DISCOUNT HEALTHCARE FOR PEOPLE WHO DO NOT QUALIFY FOR MEDICAID OR DO NOT
            HAVE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
            www.mybenefitsplus.com/40612305

          • Donna Anderson
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 3, 2008
              I don't use a second software program to send claims electronically anymore. In the early 90's, I used a program similar to PC Anywhere and sent the claims to the clearinghouse. Now, I just print to file (instead of a printer) then go to the clearinghouse website and upload my claim file to them. The clearinghouse has already mapped my file during set up, so I just send a text file & they know where each field goes on the form. No other software required.

              On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 8:33 PM, Erin Bonine <ecbonine@verizon. net> wrote:

              > I am the first to announce that I am barely computer literate. But this
              > question just drives me crazy. Why with Medisoft do I need an additional
              > program to be able to send claims electronically. It seems to me that in
              > this day and age we should be able to just key in the bills and then upload
              > them to the clearinghouse. Do all of the different vendors require this
              > or is it just one of the many quirks of medisoft?
              >
              > Erin

              Josie Mapp, Medical Biller & Collector
              JG Professional Services
              Cell: 917-892-7201

              DISCOUNT HEALTHCARE FOR PEOPLE WHO DO NOT QUALIFY FOR MEDICAID OR DO NOT
              HAVE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
              www.mybenefitsplus. com/40612305

            • Lin

                Yes, is all about the settings between the software and the clearinghouse.
                I use DAQ Billing and all I have to do is click one key and claims go to the
                clearinghouse without me going to a different software.

                On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 8:33 PM, Erin Bonine <ecbonine@verizon. net> wrote:

                > I am the first to announce that I am barely computer literate. But this
                > question just drives me crazy. Why with Medisoft do I need an additional
                > program to be able to send claims electronically. It seems to me that in
                > this day and age we should be able to just key in the bills and then
                upload
                > them to the clearinghouse. Do all of the different vendors require this
                > or is it just one of the many quirks of medisoft?
                >
                > Erin

                Josie Mapp, Medical Biller & Collector
                JG Professional Services
                Cell: 917-892-7201

                DISCOUNT HEALTHCARE FOR PEOPLE WHO DO NOT QUALIFY FOR MEDICAID OR DO NOT
                HAVE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
                www.mybenefitsplus. com/40612305

                database 3492 (20081003) __________

                http://www.eset.com

              • JOSETTE THOMAS SYLVAN
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 3, 2008
                  Think of it this way, FIRST: There are multiple programs out there to do billing.(data entry on your computer) Once you are finished entering the claims, they now need to be lifted out of your computer and tramsmitted to the insurance company.

                  Before they reach the insurance co: There are a few things to think about)

                  SECOND: HOW DO WE TRANSMIT: phone line, modem, internet, whether it is built in to your program by servers, etc one of these methods must be used! fyi: this is only the method not the how. How? by files, in a specified format, and inorder to do that we need a communication device, which creates the loop and segments required by hipaa law.

                  THIRD: you have two options:
                  1) using a clearing house how ever you transmit the files to them they will be sure to put it in the correct format for you, they do all the requirements for you. This will cost you!!! charge by claim, charge by doctor, charge for upgrades etc. (yes you are uploading them to the clearinghouse)

                  2) (the many quirks of medisoft) which is the way I go, by purchasing Medisoft direct modules. I transmit alot so the one time charge for this module is my only cost. I send as many claims for as many doctors no hidden fees. claims are transmitted to medicare people, bcbs sheild people, medicaid people, and webmd for all commercial carriers.

                  Hope this helps, I am a Medisoft user for 9yrs and counting. It does everything required from A-Z 100%, wouldn't change it for anything in the world. Just Know enough to avoid the tech support, just as eclinical, lousy tech support. As for Eclinical weird, real weird.

                  jt

                  To: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.comFrom: ecbonine@...: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 17:33:44 -0700Subject: [MedicalBillers] Medisoft and Electronic Billing

                  I am the first to announce that I am barely computer literate. But thisquestion just drives me crazy. Why with Medisoft do I need an additionalprogram to be able to send claims electronically. It seems to me that inthis day and age we should be able to just key in the bills and then uploadthem to the clearinghouse. Do all of the different vendors require thisor is it just one of the many quirks of medisoft?Erin [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                • Josie Mapp
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 3, 2008
                    Just a quick question: How much do you currently charge these doctors (if
                    you are working independently)? I'm having a hard time getting doctors.
                    They are so afraid (or so cheap) of outsourcing.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 3, 2008
                      To request a free demo from DAQ Billing, click on the following link:
                      http://www.antekhealthware.com/products/daqbilling/requestdemo/index.php?refer=66

                      I personally love it. They have great support. You can scan documents to
                      go with the claims. They even submit the paper hcfa's for you. In other
                      words, you don't have to pay for stamps. If you need more details you can
                      e-mail me at jgpservice@... .

                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 5, 2008
                        working independently allows you to choose which option you would like to use to charge doctors for your services. by percentage or flat fee its your individual choice.

                        To: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.comFrom: jgpservice@...: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 23:15:58 -0400Subject: Re: [MedicalBillers] Medisoft and Electronic Billing

                        Just a quick question: How much do you currently charge these doctors (ifyou are working independently)? I'm having a hard time getting doctors.They are so afraid (or so cheap) of outsourcing.On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 3:22 PM, JOSETTE THOMAS SYLVAN <abcmdbiller123_55@...> wrote:>> Think of it this way, FIRST: There are multiple programs out there to do> billing.(data entry on your computer) Once you are finished entering the> claims, they now need to be lifted out of your computer and tramsmitted to> the insurance company.>> Before they reach the insurance co: There are a few things to think about)>> SECOND: HOW DO WE TRANSMIT: phone line, modem, internet, whether it is> built in to your program by servers, etc one of these methods must be used!> fyi: this is only the method not the how. How? by files, in a specified> format, and inorder to do that we need a communication device, which creates> the loop and segments required by hipaa law.>> THIRD: you have two options:> 1) using a clearing house how ever you transmit the files to them they will> be sure to put it in the correct format for you, they do all the> requirements for you. This will cost you!!! charge by claim, charge by> doctor, charge for upgrades etc. (yes you are uploading them to the> clearinghouse)>> 2) (the many quirks of medisoft) which is the way I go, by purchasing> Medisoft direct modules. I transmit alot so the one time charge for this> module is my only cost. I send as many claims for as many doctors no hidden> fees. claims are transmitted to medicare people, bcbs sheild people,> medicaid people, and webmd for all commercial carriers.>> Hope this helps, I am a Medisoft user for 9yrs and counting. It does> everything required from A-Z 100%, wouldn't change it for anything in the> world. Just Know enough to avoid the tech support, just as eclinical, lousy> tech support. As for Eclinical weird, real weird.>> jt>>>>>> To: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.comFrom<MedicalBillers%40yahoogroups.comFrom>:> ecbonine@... <ecbonine%40verizon.netDate>: Thu, 2 Oct 2008> 17:33:44 -0700Subject: [MedicalBillers] Medisoft and Electronic Billing>> I am the first to announce that I am barely computer literate. But> thisquestion just drives me crazy. Why with Medisoft do I need an> additionalprogram to be able to send claims electronically. It seems to me> that inthis day and age we should be able to just key in the bills and then> uploadthem to the clearinghouse. Do all of the different vendors require> thisor is it just one of the many quirks of medisoft?Erin [Non-text portions> of this message have been removed]>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>> >-- Josie Mapp, Medical Biller & CollectorJG Professional ServicesCell: 917-892-7201DISCOUNT HEALTHCARE FOR PEOPLE WHO DO NOT QUALIFY FOR MEDICAID OR DO NOTHAVE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:www.mybenefitsplus.com/40612305[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]