AUTHORIZATIONS/REFERRALS

  • kikita521
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 2, 2008
      Has anyone prepared a list with the authorization and referrals
      requirements for the plans in NY? We have a person causing tons of
      denials here. Please share it.

      Thanks,

      Josie Mapp
    • Zia Clarkson
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 2, 2008
        Josie, there are so many plans and sub plans that it's not so easy to prepare a list that can be shared with everyone.  In addition, we find that some contracts in some plans do / do not require referral.  I have created a list that our referrals person uses as a general guide but it's not an all defining set in stone bible of referral requirements. Authorizations are presumed unless we find out differently. We presume all our procedures require authorization and if we find out that they don't, it's a pleasant surprise.

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 2, 2008
          The attachment was stripped at the group, I will send to your email.

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 2, 2008
            Thanks. I usually prepare documents like that for my own work. I preferred
            to keep my references, but I don't know how this lady was creating so many
            denials and nobody realized that she was providing eligibilities instead of
            authorizations and referrals

            On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 11:06 AM, Zia Clarkson <zia_rali@...> wrote:

            > The attachment was stripped at the group, I will send to your email.

            Josie Mapp, Medical Biller & Collector
            JG Professional Services
            Cell: 917-892-7201

            DISCOUNT HEALTHCARE FOR PEOPLE WHO DO NOT QUALIFY FOR MEDICAID OR DO NOT
            HAVE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
            www.mybenefitsplus.com/40612305

          • djgeisel
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 2, 2008
              Usually I find that you can find a list on the carrier web site that
              will list all the procedures that need referrals. Diana

              --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "Josie Mapp" <jgpservice@...>
              wrote:

              > Thanks. I usually prepare documents like that for my own work. I
              preferred
              > to keep my references, but I don't know how this lady was creating
              so many
              > denials and nobody realized that she was providing eligibilities
              instead of
              > authorizations and referrals
              >
              > On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 11:06 AM, Zia Clarkson <zia_rali@...> wrote:
              >
              > > The attachment was stripped at the group, I will send to your
              email.

            • Josie Mapp
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 2, 2008
                I have found them so many times before, and today that I need it, I can't
                find it.

              • Lin
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 2, 2008
                  Does your PM software have the ability to track and manage these? You should
                  be able to get a report that would be able to help you sort out the problem
                  carriers.

                  I don't think it's by "state" but more so rather by "carrier" and plan type.

                  Linda Walker

                  Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
                  <http://www.billerswebsite.com> http://www.billerswebsite.com
                  A division of K&L Media, LLC
                  <http://www.klmediallc.com> http://www.klmediallc.com

                  Website Design & Management for the Medical Services Industry

                  Has anyone prepared a list with the authorization and referrals
                  requirements for the plans in NY? We have a person causing tons of
                  denials here. Please share it.

                  Thanks,

                  Josie Mapp

                  database 3489 (20081002) __________

                  http://www.eset.com

                • Lin

                    <mailto:zia_rali%40yahoo.com> > wrote:

                    > The attachment was stripped at the group, I will send to your email.

                    database 3490 (20081002) __________

                    http://www.eset.com

                  • Josie Mapp
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 2, 2008
                      Well, to tell you the truth, I hate my Practice Management software. It's
                      E-Clinical. They have horrible support and is missing several crucial
                      items.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 2, 2008
                        In that case.. get a new software or if you work for the practice.. prepare
                        a report to show the physicians how they are losing money due to the
                        software..this usually gets them every time. <g>

                        Lin

                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 2, 2008
                          I personally use Antek (DAQ Billing) and love it. But, these people
                          got E-Clinical with a grant or something like that from the Dept. of
                          Health. It is horrible.