Appeal Letter

  • kishore kumar
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hi All,

      Could any one provide me the "Appeal Letter" format...!!!!

      I appreciate your help.

      Regards,
      KK

    • Lin
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 1, 2008
        There are too many variables to do a “standard” appeal, basically it’s a letter describing the circumstances for the appeal.

        Linda Walker

        Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
        <http://www.billerswebsite.com> http://www.billerswebsite.com
        A division of K&L Media, LLC
        <http://www.klmediallc.com> http://www.klmediallc.com

        Website Design & Management for the Medical Services Industry

        Could any one provide me the "Appeal Letter" format...!!!!

        I appreciate your help.

        Regards,
        KK

        __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3486 (20081001) __________

        http://www.eset.com

      • kishore kumar
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 1, 2008
          Yep.. I do agree with you... however do you have any different formats that describes the circustances?

          Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://messenger. yahoo..com/ invite/

          __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3486 (20081001) __________

          http://www.eset. com

          Bring your gang together. Do your thing. Find your favourite Yahoo! group at http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/

        • Lin
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 1, 2008
            I guess I’m not clear on what you mean by formats..

            For example.. if a carrier had denied something for medical necessity my appeal would be based on explaining “simply” that the service was medically necessary and referring to the attached documents to support the appeal.

            So you see, one size does not fit all. It’s just a letter based on each claims circumstances and then attached with supporting documentation.

            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 2, 2008
              I agree, appeal letters vary depending on the situation. I usually do my
              own out of the top of my head. Some insurances (like Medicare, United) have
              forms for you to fill out and send it with the supporting documentation.

              On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Lin <italiandoll1967@...> wrote:

              > I guess I'm not clear on what you mean by formats..
              >
              > For example.. if a carrier had denied something for medical necessity my
              > appeal would be based on explaining "simply" that the service was medically
              > necessary and referring to the attached documents to support the appeal.
              >
              > So you see, one size does not fit all. It's just a letter based on each
              > claims circumstances and then attached with supporting documentation.
              >
              > Linda Walker
              >
              > Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
              > <http://www.billerswebsite.com> http://www.billerswebsite.com
              > A division of K&L Media, LLC
              > <http://www.klmediallc.com> http://www.klmediallc.com
              >
              > Website Design & Management for the Medical Services Industry

              Josie Mapp, Medical Biller & Collector
              JG Professional Services
              Cell: 917-892-7201

              DISCOUNT HEALTHCARE FOR PEOPLE WHO DO NOT QUALIFY FOR MEDICAID OR DO NOT
              HAVE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
              www.mybenefitsplus.com/40612305

            • Joktan Edison
              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 2, 2008
                KK, I will send you an appeal letter and you can modify the same.

                " My Presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee Rest " - Exodus 33:14
                Contact Details:
                Joktan R Edison
                Cell: 1 (201) 310 6491
                efax:1-509-695-9578
                www.edisonandleesolutions.com

              • ladylion0813@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 16 , Oct 2, 2008
                  HELP! I have a dr who applied for his Medicare number over a month ago. In the meantime what does he do with those claims? Does he still file them as a provider who accepts if he doesn't have his number yet?
                  Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                  I agree, appeal letters vary depending on the situation. I usually do my
                  own out of the top of my head. Some insurances (like Medicare, United) have
                  forms for you to fill out and send it with the supporting documentation.

                  On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Lin <italiandoll1967@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                  > I guess I'm not clear on what you mean by formats..
                  >
                  > For example.. if a carrier had denied something for medical necessity my
                  > appeal would be based on explaining "simply" that the service was medically
                  > necessary and referring to the attached documents to support the appeal.
                  >
                  > So you see, one size does not fit all. It's just a letter based on each
                  > claims circumstances and then attached with supporting documentation.
                  >
                  > Linda Walker
                  >
                  > Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
                  > <http://www.billersw ebsite.com> http://www.billersw ebsite.com
                  > A division of K&L Media, LLC
                  > <http://www.klmedial lc.com> http://www.klmedial lc.com
                  >
                  > Website Design & Management for the Medical Services Industry

                • Carole Kuegerl
                  Message 8 of 16 , Oct 2, 2008
                    Have you called the EDI help desk?  (877-273-4334).  We were having a long wait for a new doctor to be linked to our agency, and the people at the MC help desk said last week that things were delayed due to high winds from the remnants of H. Ike.  Although they are in Ohio, the winds knocked out the power for a while and things came to a standstill.  Of course, this could have absolutely nothing to due with your concern, probably not.  But I would keep on top of them.  It's my understanding that you file the claims and they will be processed retroactively, but ask EDI.  Our new doc also had 1 digit missing from one of the forms and that presented a delay.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

                    Message 9 of 16 , Oct 2, 2008
                      Thanks and yes it did help me. He left a practice and had to file a new number for himself. They don't what delay is after filing 1 month ago but I will inform them of this.

                        __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3490 (20081002) __________

                        http://www.eset.com

                      • peppyauntie121
                        Message 11 of 16 , Oct 2, 2008
                          You know, it's true. Medicare tells you anywhere from 30 to 45 days.
                          But it can be an even longer wait.

                          --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "Lin" <italiandoll1967@...>
                          wrote:

                          > I’ve seen where providers have waited MUCH longer than a month.
                          >

                          > Linda Walker
                          >
                          > Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
                          > <http://www.billerswebsite.com> http://www.billerswebsite.com
                          > A division of K&L Media, LLC
                          > <http://www.klmediallc.com> http://www.klmediallc.com
                          >
                          > Website Design & Management for the Medical Services Industry

                          <mailto:peppyauntie121%40yahoo.com> >