Re: [MedicalBillers] Re: International Billing

  • Joktan Edison
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 29, 2008
      Melinda,

      Is the Patient full time student? If yes then you can touchbase with the registar or Admin services in the school. Most of the foreign students will student insurance covered by their school.

      " My Presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee Rest " - Exodus 33:14
      Contact Details:
      Joktan R Edison
      Cell: 1 (201) 310 6491
      efax:1-509-695-9578
      www.edisonandleesolutions.com

      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 1, 2008
        Hi All,

        Could any one provide me the "Appeal Letter" format...!!!!

        I appreciate your help.

        Regards,
        KK

      • Lin
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 1, 2008
          There are too many variables to do a “standard” appeal, basically it’s a letter describing the circumstances for the appeal.

          Linda Walker

          Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
          <http://www.billerswebsite.com> http://www.billerswebsite.com
          A division of K&L Media, LLC
          <http://www.klmediallc.com> http://www.klmediallc.com

          Website Design & Management for the Medical Services Industry

          Could any one provide me the "Appeal Letter" format...!!!!

          I appreciate your help.

          Regards,
          KK

          __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3486 (20081001) __________

          http://www.eset.com

        • kishore kumar
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 1, 2008
            Yep.. I do agree with you... however do you have any different formats that describes the circustances?

            Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://messenger. yahoo..com/ invite/

            __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3486 (20081001) __________

            http://www.eset. com

            Bring your gang together. Do your thing. Find your favourite Yahoo! group at http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/

          • Lin
            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 1, 2008
              I guess I’m not clear on what you mean by formats..

              For example.. if a carrier had denied something for medical necessity my appeal would be based on explaining “simply” that the service was medically necessary and referring to the attached documents to support the appeal.

              So you see, one size does not fit all. It’s just a letter based on each claims circumstances and then attached with supporting documentation.

              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 2, 2008
                I agree, appeal letters vary depending on the situation. I usually do my
                own out of the top of my head. Some insurances (like Medicare, United) have
                forms for you to fill out and send it with the supporting documentation.

                On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Lin <italiandoll1967@...> wrote:

                > I guess I'm not clear on what you mean by formats..
                >
                > For example.. if a carrier had denied something for medical necessity my
                > appeal would be based on explaining "simply" that the service was medically
                > necessary and referring to the attached documents to support the appeal.
                >
                > So you see, one size does not fit all. It's just a letter based on each
                > claims circumstances and then attached with supporting documentation.
                >
                > Linda Walker
                >
                > Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
                > <http://www.billerswebsite.com> http://www.billerswebsite.com
                > A division of K&L Media, LLC
                > <http://www.klmediallc.com> http://www.klmediallc.com
                >
                > Website Design & Management for the Medical Services Industry

                Josie Mapp, Medical Biller & Collector
                JG Professional Services
                Cell: 917-892-7201

                DISCOUNT HEALTHCARE FOR PEOPLE WHO DO NOT QUALIFY FOR MEDICAID OR DO NOT
                HAVE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
                www.mybenefitsplus.com/40612305

              • Joktan Edison

                • ladylion0813@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 16 , Oct 2, 2008
                    HELP! I have a dr who applied for his Medicare number over a month ago. In the meantime what does he do with those claims? Does he still file them as a provider who accepts if he doesn't have his number yet?
                    Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                    I agree, appeal letters vary depending on the situation. I usually do my
                    own out of the top of my head. Some insurances (like Medicare, United) have
                    forms for you to fill out and send it with the supporting documentation.

                    On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Lin <italiandoll1967@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                    > I guess I'm not clear on what you mean by formats..
                    >
                    > For example.. if a carrier had denied something for medical necessity my
                    > appeal would be based on explaining "simply" that the service was medically
                    > necessary and referring to the attached documents to support the appeal.
                    >
                    > So you see, one size does not fit all. It's just a letter based on each
                    > claims circumstances and then attached with supporting documentation.
                    >
                    > Linda Walker
                    >
                    > Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
                    > <http://www.billersw ebsite.com> http://www.billersw ebsite.com
                    > A division of K&L Media, LLC
                    > <http://www.klmedial lc.com> http://www.klmedial lc.com
                    >
                    > Website Design & Management for the Medical Services Industry

                  • Carole Kuegerl
                    Message 9 of 16 , Oct 2, 2008
                      Have you called the EDI help desk?  (877-273-4334).  We were having a long wait for a new doctor to be linked to our agency, and the people at the MC help desk said last week that things were delayed due to high winds from the remnants of H. Ike.  Although they are in Ohio, the winds knocked out the power for a while and things came to a standstill.  Of course, this could have absolutely nothing to due with your concern, probably not.  But I would keep on top of them.  It's my understanding that you file the claims and they will be processed retroactively, but ask EDI.  Our new doc also had 1 digit missing from one of the forms and that presented a delay.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

                      Message 10 of 16 , Oct 2, 2008
                        Thanks and yes it did help me. He left a practice and had to file a new number for himself. They don't what delay is after filing 1 month ago but I will inform them of this.

                          __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3490 (20081002) __________

                          http://www.eset.com

                        • peppyauntie121
                          Message 12 of 16 , Oct 2, 2008
                            You know, it's true. Medicare tells you anywhere from 30 to 45 days.
                            But it can be an even longer wait.

                            --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "Lin" <italiandoll1967@...>
                            wrote:

                            > I’ve seen where providers have waited MUCH longer than a month.
                            >

                            > Linda Walker
                            >
                            > Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
                            > <http://www.billerswebsite.com> http://www.billerswebsite.com
                            > A division of K&L Media, LLC
                            > <http://www.klmediallc.com> http://www.klmediallc.com
                            >
                            > Website Design & Management for the Medical Services Industry

                            <mailto:peppyauntie121%40yahoo.com> >