Names for fees

  • Carol Roush
    Message 1 of 40 , Sep 10, 2008
      Hello :)

      I'm the front office admin. assistant for a speech therapy clinic. I sit near the medical biller however I do some billing as far as putting in the rates to the excel spread sheet. We don't have a fancy billing computer system because my boss doesn't want to pay out the money.

      I was wondering what fee name does everyone use for patients who don't show up for an appointment? My office was using "no show fee" however a clients mom was offended by the name. It's because she didn't want to pay the fee for her consequences of not showing up for the appointment and not even trying to reschedule to make it up. Now, my boss wants to call it a "cancellation fee". The medical biller and myself think that is going to be a conflict because next clients are going to be offended for it looks like we charge for canceling an appointment.

      At my office, if the client or parent of the client doesn't call and cancel 24 hours ahead of time or before 9 AM that day, the client gets a fee applied to their account. If they just don't show up at all, they get the no show fee automatically. However, I think we are nice and we let the client or parent of the client make up the appointment so that the no show fee is removed. I don't know of any doctors offices that do that.

      Can anyone share with me what your office calls the fee where a patient doesn't show up and what is your policy? Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

      Thanks!,

      Carol
    • Jagan
      Message 40 of 40 , Sep 25, 2008
        Yes...Medplexus has integrated EMR.

        From: kishore kumar <kishorekk_k@ yahoo.com>
        To: MedicalBillers@ yahoogroups. com
        Date: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 12:38 PM

        Hey Dude,

        Is it Medpluxes supports EMR services? I hope it doesn't..... !!!!

        From: Jackie R. Zube <thebilloff@ aol. com>
        To: MedicalBillers@ yahoogroups. com
        Date: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 9:59 PM

        RJ:

        Are you a reseller for Medplexus?? Where are you or they located?

        Jackie R. Zube, CMRS

        From: Andrea Cavanaugh <andiec@bellsouth. net>
        To: MedicalBillers@ yahoogroups. com
        Date: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 7:00 PM

        I have a question are any of the billers in this group using the MedPlexus
        software, or do you have any comparison having used multiple software's and
        how do you who have used MedPlexus feel about the product?

        Thank you

        Andie

        From: ladylion0813@ <mailto:ladylion081 3%40yahoo. com> yahoo.com
        <ladylion0813@ <mailto:ladylion081 3%40yahoo. com> yahoo.com>
        To: MedicalBillers@ <mailto:MedicalBill ers%40yahoogroup s.com>
        yahoogroups. com
        Date: Friday, September 12, 2008, 4:36 AM

        Thanks! That's what I need to know.
        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

        From: Terry Pierce <tpierce301@ yahoo. com>

        Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:28:09
        To: <MedicalBillers@ yahoogroups. com>

        Yes I do, can I help u with something

        From: Zia Clarkson <zia_rali@yahoo. com>

        Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:49:40
        To: <MedicalBillers@ yahoogroups. com>

        http://www.health state.ny. us/health_ care/medicaid/ program/hipaa/
        docs/835_ 12103.pdf Medicaid Program info at NYS Health Department.

        http://www.emedny org/ProviderManu als/HCBSWaiver/ PDFS/HCBS_
        Billing_Guidelin es_UB04.pdf - eMedNY is the site that provides all the NYS
        Medicaid information ... this is the PDF of billing guidelines

        http://www.emedny org/index. aspx - this is the eMedNY site generally.

        There's some stuff to poke around in , anyway .