Do you make good money with your medical billing business?

  • naomi_e_w
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2008
      For those of you that have started your own medical billing business,
      when did you start to seea return on your money? Or when did the money
      start to roll in? Was it worth the investment?

      I am currently taking a medical billing class and want to start my own
      medical billing business and I am just urious to know, although this
      answer will vary for each individual and their own circumstances.
    • blanchie9
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2008
        --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "naomi_e_w" <naomi_e_w@...>
        wrote:

        > For those of you that have started your own medical billing business,
        > when did you start to seea return on your money? Or when did the
        money
        > start to roll in? Was it worth the investment?
        >
        > I am currently taking a medical billing class and want to start my
        own
        > medical billing business and I am just urious to know, although this
        > answer will vary for each individual and their own circumstances.

        Hi yes it is if you have more than one doctor because yes you do spend
        alot on supplies and then remember if you are in a percentage income
        you have to go after every penny that you can collect, and the money
        start rolling in right away if you transmit your claims not on paper
        its a faster turn around,I started my business 6 years ago I have a
        wonderful doctor and friend that put everything for me and now I have
        like 4 doctors and I just inherited one more I do not advertise it is
        word of mouth but yes it is worth it because you do not have people
        around you and you can work at your own pace. I hope I answered your
        question.
      • blanchie9
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2008
          wrote:

          > For those of you that have started your own medical billing business,
          > when did you start to seea return on your money? Or when did the
          money
          > start to roll in? Was it worth the investment?
          >
          > I am currently taking a medical billing class and want to start my
          own
          > medical billing business and I am just urious to know, although this
          > answer will vary for each individual and their own circumstances.

          Hi yes it is if you have more than one doctor because yes you do spend
          alot on supplies and then remember if you are in a percentage income
          you have to go after every penny that you can collect, and the money
          start rolling in right away if you transmit your claims not on paper
          its a faster turn around,I started my business 6 years ago I have a
          wonderful doctor and friend that put everything for me and now I have
          like 4 doctors and I just inherited one more I do not advertise it is
          word of mouth but yes it is worth it because you do not have people
          around you and you can work at your own pace. I hope I answered your
          question.
        • Lin
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 5, 2008
            I worked full time while putting my business together a little by little, my
            startup costs were about $5K maybe more. I think I began to see a profit in
            the second year.

            For me it was worth the investment.

            I think the main thing you have to realize is that there are some that can
            take a year or more to get their first client, some will get them right
            away, some it will take longer, it just depends on your experience and of
            course your marketing budget. You have to be patient and in many cases it's
            a good idea to maybe get a job in a medical office first if you don't have
            experience, this will give you the experience you need to market.

            Lin

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 5, 2008
              Hey Buddy,

              That depends on....

              1. The S/W you are going to use
              2. The Practice/speciality you are going to handle
              3. The number of Drs you are going to deal
              4. The number of employees you are going to pay

              Define what you are going to use, Measure the revenue and the expenses part, Analyze the revenue cycle management (End to End), Implement the best practices that become the bench mark and now Control the whole practice, I am sure you will be going to adopt a continual growth.

              However, As Lin said, it is a good idea to join in a job, in case if you don;t possess a sound knowledge on medical billing & business handling.

              All the best....:)

              Regards,
              Kishore KK

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 6, 2008
                i totally agree with you guys.... I started up the health care billing after 12 yrs of working exp in various specialties and softwares.

                Good luck