Top 2 Things Practices Can Do To Increase Income

  • Dan Boyer
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 9, 2008
      Was wondering what you believe the top 2 things, from a billing/coding
      perspective, a physician practice can do to increase their income/profit.
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 11, 2008
        1) Review the current physician fee schedule & update if necessary
        2) Work/collect up old A/R (accounts receiveable) 120+ days.

        --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Boyer"
        <americanbillingsolutions@...> wrote:

        > Was wondering what you believe the top 2 things, from a billing/coding
        > perspective, a physician practice can do to increase their
        income/profit.

      • Lin
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 11, 2008
          Verify benefits and eligibility..cuts down on denials and helps office
          collect fees at time of service..which leads me to the next one.

          Collect co-payments and past due balances at check in!

          Linda Walker

          Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
          <http://www.billerswebsite.com> http://www.billerswebsite.com
          A division of K&L Media, LLC
          <http://www.klmediallc.com> http://www.klmediallc.com

          Website Design & Management for the Medical Services Industry

          1) Review the current physician fee schedule & update if necessary
          2) Work/collect up old A/R (accounts receiveable) 120+ days.

          --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:MedicalBillers%40yahoogroups.com> , "Dan Boyer"