Re: [MedicalBillers] Not a medical necessity

  • Terry Pierce
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2008
      Did you use CPT code 80053 with any other codes such as 80047, 80048, 80076? What type of practice do you have.  When was the last time you billed 80053 for this patient?
       Sincerely,

      Terry J. Pierce, CPC
      President & CEO
      Medcode
      Medical Billing and Consulting
      5257 Buckeystown Pike Ste. 401
      Frederick, MD 21704
      240-529-4748

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2008
        Check the LCD's in Medicare. They are pretty easy to search but for
        my codes that were being denied as medically necessary I was able to
        find out which dx codes were acceptable for the cpt code that was
        denying. I havent had any trouble since I told the doctor that he
        could only use that CPT when certain dx codes applied.

        --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, rowen speldewinde
        <the_spindoctor1@...> wrote:

        > Could anyone let me know as to why the 80053 is being denied by
        Medicare for not a medical necessity please? This is in MS.

        > Thanks

      • rowen speldewinde
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 13, 2008
          We bill this code very often and we are a normal practice. there are occasions where we bill the codes 81003, 81000, 85025 Etc.