LOOKING FOR A START

  • twillis0703
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2008
      Hi, everyone. As you kno i am a student and next week is my last week
      of classes. I have been going on alot of interviews where they were
      hiring for receptionist with billing and some wih out. Some of the
      positions where not willing to train and some will train but with very
      low pay compared to what i was making in my last position. I guess if
      i want to grow in this career i would have to take a step back in
      order to go forward because i really need the on hands experience.

      tamara
    • Deb Tru
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2008
        Tamara, I suppose with any business we have to start form the
        bottom, whether we go to school or not. I am working part time doing
        billing and get 11.00 an hour, which is enough to go real hungry
        on. But it is the EXPERIENCE that is so so valuable, and i am
        willing to work as much as possible for as little as they want to pay
        as long as I am learning. And after 6 months, I am STILL learning !

        Have you looked on Craig's list in your city? He is on the web, just
        type in Craig's list in search....

        Good luck,

        Deb

      • s_alyssandra@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 7, 2008
          Hi Tamara,

          I can imagine how tough to get that first job as a medical biller. It's frustrating really that most medical offices do not realize that medical billing in their office is the most specialize area. Its one area that generates money so that the practice can make all employees on payroll and pay its overhead expenses to keep the practice going. Somebody has to collect money!

          It is frustrating when I see billers being pulled here and there to do front desk. Why is that??

          I don't know. Maybe maximizing human resources?

          Good luck on your new endevour.

          Ms. Pinky
          Owvner, JustMyPassion.com

          twillis0703 <twillis0703@...> wrote: Hi, everyone. As you kno i am a student and next week is my last week