RE: [MedicalBillers] meeting with prospective client

  • Lin
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 26, 2008
      Excellent advice. I would just add to this something I did that really
      worked great. I faxed over a form a day or two before the meeting that had
      some basic questions with a lot of space for feedback on it, it was mostly
      to get an idea of all their current problems with their current billing
      situation, this way I had information and ideas of improvement before the
      meeting. I also asked the clients to include the billing staff and/or office
      manager in the meeting, I found that by including them I gained a few extra
      brownie points!

      Linda Walker

      Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
      <http://www.billerswebsite.com> http://www.billerswebsite.com
      A division of K&L Media, LLC
      <http://www.klmediallc.com> http://www.klmediallc.com

      Website Design & Management for the Medical Services Industry

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 27, 2008
        Linda,
        excellent idea would you be willing to share that form?

        if yes, my fax is 413-564-5202

        maryann

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 27, 2008
          In a psychiatric practice, is there a code for phone conversation and does the insurance company will pay for.

          thanks

        • Stanley James Sigstad
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 27, 2008
            Only on Tuesdays. ha ha

            --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, Sanjay Gupta

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 27, 2008
              Sanjay,

              There are new codes for 2008 for telephone calls initiated by the
              patient. I'm at home...I'll try and send them tomorrow. If they are
              payable or not...you'd need to contact your insurance companies to
              see if they allow for them.

              Hope that helps!

              <sanjay_gupta_01@...> wrote:

              > In a psychiatric practice, is there a code for phone conversation
              and does the insurance company will pay for.

              > thanks

            • Lin
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 28, 2008
                Here is a good article about the new CPT codes for phone consults:

                http://www.aafp.org/online/en/home/publications/news/news-now/practice-manag
                ement/20080229cptcodes.html

                Medicare is not paying for them, however Cigna and Aetna are paying for some
                (meeting guidelines) and there is a pilot program underway in a few states,
                but the consensus is that right now most payers won't pay for it.

                Also note one of the conditions for billing: The reporting physician, or a
                physician of the same specialty in the same practice, must have seen the
                patient within the past three years.

                Linda Walker

                Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
                <http://www.billerswebsite.com> http://www.billerswebsite.com
                A division of K&L Media, LLC
                <http://www.klmediallc.com> http://www.klmediallc.com

                Website Design & Management for the Medical Services Industry

                There are new codes for 2008 for telephone calls initiated by the
                patient. I'm at home...I'll try and send them tomorrow. If they are
                payable or not...you'd need to contact your insurance companies to
                see if they allow for them.

                Hope that helps!

                --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com
                <mailto:MedicalBillers%40yahoogroups.com> , Sanjay Gupta
                <sanjay_gupta_01@...> wrote:

                > In a psychiatric practice, is there a code for phone conversation
                and does the insurance company will pay for.

                > thanks

              • Deb Tru
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 28, 2008
                  Linda, Would you be willing to fax that form to me also? 602-996-0140.

                  thanks!

                  Deb Tru

                  At 03:23 PM 4/26/2008, you wrote:

                  >Excellent advice. I would just add to this something I did that really
                  >worked great. I faxed over a form a day or two before the meeting that had
                  >some basic questions with a lot of space for feedback on it, it was mostly
                  >to get an idea of all their current problems with their current billing
                  >situation, this way I had information and ideas of improvement before the
                  >meeting. I also asked the clients to include the billing staff and/or office
                  >manager in the meeting, I found that by including them I gained a few extra
                  >brownie points!
                  >
                  >Linda Walker
                  >
                  >Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
                  ><<http://www.billerswebsite.com>http://www.billerswebsite.com>
                  >http://www.billerswebsite.com
                  >A division of K&L Media, LLC
                  ><<http://www.klmediallc.com>http://www.klmediallc.com>
                  >http://www.klmediallc.com
                  >
                  >Website Design & Management for the Medical Services Industry

                • b_sugan
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 2, 2008
                    Hello Linda, Will you please fax that form to me at 212 504 7946.
                    Also give me your fax #, I will share with you some useful Tips that
                    works out..

                    thanks!

                    Sugan

                    --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, Deb Tru
                    <TruMedicalBilling@...> wrote:

                    > Linda, Would you be willing to fax that form to me also? 602-996-
                    0140.

                    > thanks!
                    >
                    > Deb Tru
                    >

                    > At 03:23 PM 4/26/2008, you wrote:
                    >
                    > >Excellent advice. I would just add to this something I did that
                    really
                    > >worked great. I faxed over a form a day or two before the meeting
                    that had
                    > >some basic questions with a lot of space for feedback on it, it
                    was mostly
                    > >to get an idea of all their current problems with their current
                    billing
                    > >situation, this way I had information and ideas of improvement
                    before the
                    > >meeting. I also asked the clients to include the billing staff
                    and/or office
                    > >manager in the meeting, I found that by including them I gained a
                    few extra
                    > >brownie points!
                    > >
                    > >Linda Walker
                    > >
                    > >Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
                    > ><<http://www.billerswebsite.com>http://www.billerswebsite.com>
                    > >http://www.billerswebsite.com
                    > >A division of K&L Media, LLC
                    > ><<http://www.klmediallc.com>http://www.klmediallc.com>
                    > >http://www.klmediallc.com
                    > >
                    > >Website Design & Management for the Medical Services Industry

                    > ><mailto:MedicalBillers%
                    40yahoogroups.com>MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com

                  • Joktan Edison
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 4, 2008
                      Lin, Its a great idea and I would appreciate if you
                      could send the same or questions at 1-509-695-9578

                      Thanks
                      JE

                      Be a better friend, newshound, and