Re: [SPAM]Re: [MedicalBillers] Hospitalists

  • Frank Stanford
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2008
      When a doctor discharges a patient home, there is a home health services certification process that takes place. The code used to bill for this service is G0180. Secondary carriers will pay their share of this if they are secondary to Medicare. However, when they are primary, they won't pay. I have found a resource that indicates they may pay if 99374 is used instead. Anyone have experience with these codes?

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2008
        i have a couple of claims that denied because of the cpt G0180. i've attached medical notes and have done all that i could do to get the claims paid, but the claims are denied again. i will try to rebill with the 99374.
        thanks,
        teresa dawson