RE: [MedicalBillers] WC Question

  • Lin
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 21, 2008
      You might not get them to fax anything, best bet is to call and verify
      benefits with the WC Carrier and get the rest of the info from the patient.

      If the patient at least has the claim number and carrier information, you
      can get enough to verify benefits for that first visit. Even the claims
      adjusters name helps speed things up as well. If the patient has a lawyer,
      then you want to contact the lawyer and see about getting an LOP as well as
      it could take a LONG time to get paid for some WC or PI Cases.

      Linda Walker

      Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
      <http://www.billerswebsite.com> http://www.billerswebsite.com
      A division of K&L Media, LLC
      <http://www.klmediallc.com> http://www.klmediallc.com

      Website Design & Management for the Medical Services Industry

      From: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:MedicalBillers%40yahoogroups.com>