Re: [MedicalBillers] WC Question

  • nicole mezni
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 18, 2008
      Thanks so much Linda!

      If I can have the WC company fax me this info, I am able to authorize them to make an appt, right?
      The office manager said she didn't need to see anything, so I'm assuming once I get this info, they can come in?

      Thanks so much again. I knew I'd get a great answer here! :)

      Nicole Mezni, Biller
      Urologic Wellness Center of Vero Beach
      321.331.9487

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 21, 2008
        You might not get them to fax anything, best bet is to call and verify
        benefits with the WC Carrier and get the rest of the info from the patient.

        If the patient at least has the claim number and carrier information, you
        can get enough to verify benefits for that first visit. Even the claims
        adjusters name helps speed things up as well. If the patient has a lawyer,
        then you want to contact the lawyer and see about getting an LOP as well as
        it could take a LONG time to get paid for some WC or PI Cases.

        From: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:MedicalBillers%40yahoogroups.com>