New guy here

  • game_goober
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 17, 2007
      Hi.

      I'm just starting out, I did billing in past for a small DME supplier,
      100% MEDICARE...so I used free e-billing software.

      Now A client approached wanting me to do his ambulance company, I said
      sure...but no idea how :)

      They CAN NOT charge for services, just 1 of 2, life support or no life
      support transports...

      Ok], can someone recommend, first a good software vendor, clearing
      ghouse, etc...?

      Do I need a licensed "coder"? The dme all came coded.

      Any help, much appreciated! I have many more questions, too, hope no
      one minds :)

      Thanks.
    • Joktan Edison
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 17, 2007
        As per the software I would appreciate please go for
        Medical Manager or Mysis because the clearing house
        would be WebMD.

        Regards,
        Joktan

        --- game_goober <game_goober@...> wrote:

        > Hi.
        >
        > I'm just starting out, I did billing in past for a
        > small DME supplier,
        > 100% MEDICARE...so I used free e-billing software.
        >
        > Now A client approached wanting me to do his
        > ambulance company, I said
        > sure...but no idea how :)
        >
        > They CAN NOT charge for services, just 1 of 2, life
        > support or no life
        > support transports...
        >
        > Ok], can someone recommend, first a good software
        > vendor, clearing
        > ghouse, etc...?
        >
        > Do I need a licensed "coder"? The dme all came
        > coded.
        >
        > Any help, much appreciated! I have many more
        > questions, too, hope no
        > one minds :)
        >
        > Thanks.

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Michelle Uhl
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 17, 2007
          actually.. misys many times uses their own clearing house.. depending.. and can be rather expensive.. there are alot of good companies out there for software.. and as for a licensed coder.. not really necessary if you know what you are doing.. but if not.. it's better to have them code it out.. or have someone else help until you are sure what you are doing.. put any questions you have out to us.. we are a great group and help whenever we can..

          good luck!

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 18, 2007
            Are those two, Mysis & Medical Manager, the most popular?

          • Michelle Uhl
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 19, 2007
              they seem to be the most widely used in practices.. mostly because they have schedulers, payment posters, charge entry and other aspects of the medical office that are useful.

            • Joktan Edison
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 19, 2007
                These are well established software applications.

                --- Henry Hache <hhache@...> wrote:

                > Are those two, Mysis & Medical Manager, the most
                > popular?

                > removed]

                Make Yahoo! your homepage.
                http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
              • Henry Hache
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 20, 2007
                  Since I will be dealing exclusively with ambulance billing, would it be best to find software that does only that?

                  Or a general billing software would be better?

                  Thx.

                • Joktan Edison
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 21, 2007
                    I dont think Software matters for any speciality.

                    --- Henry Hache <hhache@...> wrote:

                    > Since I will be dealing exclusively with ambulance
                    > billing, would it be best to find software that does
                    > only that?
                    >
                    > Or a general billing software would be better?
                    >
                    > Thx.

                    > removed]

                  • kamvoll
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 22, 2007
                      I think that depends on whether you plan on growing or not. You said
                      you also did DME is it possible that you would want to back and add
                      more clients in that field? As a billing company I would look more
                      towards a system that gives you the freedom to do more.

                      Ken

                      --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "Henry Hache" <hhache@...>
                      wrote:

                      > Since I will be dealing exclusively with ambulance billing, would
                      it be best to find software that does only that?

                      > Or a general billing software would be better?
                      >
                      > Thx.

                    • Lin
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 22, 2007
                        I agree. A lot of us also probably started out with the intention to stay
                        with one specialty but have learned not to close the door to other
                        opportunities!

                        I particularly like today's web based billing programs out there:

                        Kareo

                        DAQ Billing

                        Collaborative MD

                        These seem to give the provider more control and less worry on your end of
                        "remote access"

                        Also it's a good idea to do a demo run of as many software's as you can and
                        get familiar with them. The ASP/web based billing programs are the ones
                        that seem to be growing with businesses today and geared towards more
                        collaboration between billing company and providers.

                        Linda Walker

                        Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community
                        <http://www.billerswebsite.com> http://www.billerswebsite.com
                        A division of K&L Media, LLC
                        <http://www.klmediallc.com> http://www.klmediallc.com

                        Website Design & Management for the Medical Services Industry

                        <mailto:MedicalBillers%40yahoogroups.com> , "Henry Hache" <hhache@...>
                        wrote:

                        > Since I will be dealing exclusively with ambulance billing, would
                        it be best to find software that does only that?

                        > Or a general billing software would be better?
                        >
                        > Thx.

                      • Michelle Uhl
                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 22, 2007
                          very true.. and the best thing to do really.. is go online and do some research.. it's hard to tell you what you need.. because really only you know the answer to that.. you know how much you want to grow your company.. who you want to bill for.. etc.. alot of the companies out there will send you or allow you to download a demo to try it.. get a feel for what the software does, etc..