CPT 95117

  • ejoktan
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 1, 2007
      We bill 2 units for the above mentioned CPT, however UHC only pays for
      1 unit and for the other one they request additional documentation in
      order proof this is medical necessity.

      Any feedback how to get this paid one shot without any paper work would
      be appreciated.

      Looking forward for any kind of suggestion to handle this with UHC.
    • B Burgess

        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 1, 2007
          Barbara, we are giving two shots.

          --- B Burgess <granbfly@...> wrote:

          > How many allergy shots are you giving ?
          >

          > ejoktan <ejoktan@...> wrote:
          > We bill 2 units for the above mentioned
          > CPT, however UHC only pays for
          > 1 unit and for the other one they request additional
          > documentation in
          > order proof this is medical necessity.
          >
          > Any feedback how to get this paid one shot without
          > any paper work would
          > be appreciated.
          >
          > Looking forward for any kind of suggestion to handle
          > this with UHC.

          > removed]

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • B Burgess
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 1, 2007
            Then you would bill 95117 once only. The code description is for "two or more" injections. 95115 would be for a single injection. It's kinda like the colonoscopy code questions on the group today. You don't bill in individual units becase the code description IS for more than one.

            Barbara Burgess, RN, CPC, ACS-EM

            --- B Burgess <granbfly@...> wrote:

            > How many allergy shots are you giving ?
            >

            > ejoktan <ejoktan@...> wrote:
            > We bill 2 units for the above mentioned
            > CPT, however UHC only pays for
            > 1 unit and for the other one they request additional
            > documentation in
            > order proof this is medical necessity.
            >
            > Any feedback how to get this paid one shot without
            > any paper work would
            > be appreciated.
            >
            > Looking forward for any kind of suggestion to handle
            > this with UHC.

            > removed]

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Joktan Edison
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 1, 2007
              Barbara,

              We are currently billing CPT 95117 with 2 units,
              however UHC pays only 1 unit and not for other units.

              Can't we use any modifier like colonoscopy code (what
              was discussed today). Apart from that all other
              insurance pays for both the units and it is only UHC
              does not.

              http://mail.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 1, 2007
                Multiple allergy shots

                Q If I give two allergy shots to a patient on the same day, should I
                code 95115 and 95117, or just 95117?

                A You should code 95117 for two or more injections. Code 95115 should be
                used only when a single injection is given on a date of service. Code
                95117 should be reported just once per patient per date of service.

                http://www.aafp.org/fpm/20060900/coding.html
                <http://www.aafp.org/fpm/20060900/coding.html>

                --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, Joktan Edison <ejoktan@...>

                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 1, 2007
                  Allergen immunotherapy units

                  Q For code 95117, "Professional services for allergen immunotherapy
                  not including provision of allergenic extracts; two or more
                  injections," what do we put in the "units" field on the claim form?

                  A You should only put "1" on the claim form, because one unit of
                  service in this case includes "two or more injections."

                  http://www.aafp.org/fpm/20050500/coding.html

                  wrote:

                  > Barbara,
                  >
                  > We are currently billing CPT 95117 with 2 units,
                  > however UHC pays only 1 unit and not for other units.
                  >
                  > Can't we use any modifier like colonoscopy code (what
                  > was discussed today). Apart from that all other
                  > insurance pays for both the units and it is only UHC
                  > does not.
                  >

                  > --- B Burgess <granbfly@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Then you would bill 95117 once only. The code
                  > > description is for "two or more" injections. 95115
                  > > would be for a single injection. It's kinda like
                  > > the colonoscopy code questions on the group today.
                  > > You don't bill in individual units becase the code
                  > > description IS for more than one.
                  > >
                  > > Barbara Burgess, RN, CPC, ACS-EM
                  > >
                  > > Joktan Edison <ejoktan@...> wrote:
                  > > Barbara, we are giving two shots.
                  > >
                  > > --- B Burgess <granbfly@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > How many allergy shots are you giving ?
                  > > >

                  > > > ejoktan <ejoktan@...> wrote:
                  > > > We bill 2 units for the above mentioned
                  > > > CPT, however UHC only pays for
                  > > > 1 unit and for the other one they request
                  > > additional
                  > > > documentation in
                  > > > order proof this is medical necessity.
                  > > >
                  > > > Any feedback how to get this paid one shot without
                  > > > any paper work would
                  > > > be appreciated.
                  > > >
                  > > > Looking forward for any kind of suggestion to
                  > > handle
                  > > > this with UHC.

                  > > > removed]

                  > > protection around
                  > > http://mail.yahoo.com

                  > > removed]

                  > http://mail.yahoo.com

                • B Burgess
                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 1, 2007
                    Exactly. Doesn't matter if you gave two or ten allergy shots. The code is still 95117 ONCE ( and if your other payors have been reimbursing what you have billed incorrectly, it would be prudent to refund the payments ! )

                    Thanks Melinda. I was trying to get the CPT assistant article but, like all of us probably are, I am busy with end of month !

                    Barbara

                    wrote:

                    > Barbara,
                    >
                    > We are currently billing CPT 95117 with 2 units,
                    > however UHC pays only 1 unit and not for other units.
                    >
                    > Can't we use any modifier like colonoscopy code (what
                    > was discussed today). Apart from that all other
                    > insurance pays for both the units and it is only UHC
                    > does not.
                    >

                    > --- B Burgess granbfly@... wrote:
                    >
                    > > Then you would bill 95117 once only. The code
                    > > description is for "two or more" injections. 95115
                    > > would be for a single injection. It's kinda like
                    > > the colonoscopy code questions on the group today.
                    > > You don't bill in individual units becase the code
                    > > description IS for more than one.
                    > >
                    > > Barbara Burgess, RN, CPC, ACS-EM
                    > >
                    > > Joktan Edison ejoktan@... wrote:
                    > > Barbara, we are giving two shots.
                    > >
                    > > --- B Burgess granbfly@... wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > How many allergy shots are you giving ?
                    > > >

                    > > > ejoktan ejoktan@... wrote:
                    > > > We bill 2 units for the above mentioned
                    > > > CPT, however UHC only pays for
                    > > > 1 unit and for the other one they request
                    > > additional
                    > > > documentation in
                    > > > order proof this is medical necessity.
                    > > >
                    > > > Any feedback how to get this paid one shot without
                    > > > any paper work would
                    > > > be appreciated.
                    > > >
                    > > > Looking forward for any kind of suggestion to
                    > > handle
                    > > > this with UHC.

                    > > > removed]

                    > > protection around
                    > > http://mail.yahoo.com

                    > > removed]

                  • Joktan Edison
                    Message 9 of 18 , Nov 1, 2007
                      Thanks Barbara/Melinda, I really appreciate your help.

                      Dont work hard and have a great month ahead!!!!

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 18 , Nov 1, 2007
                        You're welcome!

                        Message 11 of 18 , Nov 2, 2007
                          Good Morning Everyone!!!!

                          Is anyone doing Radiology???

                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                        • B Burgess
                          Message 12 of 18 , Nov 2, 2007
                            have done it; do it occasionally. what's the question ?

                            Joktan Edison <ejoktan@...> wrote:
                            Good Morning Everyone!!!!

                            Is anyone doing Radiology???

                            http://mail.yahoo.com

                          • debbie brosnan
                            Message 13 of 18 , Nov 2, 2007
                              occasionally here too.

                              B Burgess <granbfly@...> wrote: have done it; do it occasionally. what's the question ?

                              Message 14 of 18 , Nov 2, 2007
                                Here we go!!!!

                                We require the modalities for the below mentioned
                                codes??

                                10061
                                DRAINAGE OF SKIN ABSCESS

                                10120
                                REMOVE FOREIGN BODY

                                93971
                                EXTREMITY STUDY

                                1000F
                                TOBACCO USE ASSESSED

                                1004F
                                CLIN SYMP VOL OVRLD ASSESS

                                1007F
                                ANTI INFLM/ANLGSC OTC ASSESS

                                1007F
                                ANTI INFLM/ANLGSC OTC ASSESS

                                1018F
                                ASSESS DYSPNEA NOT PRESENT

                                1019F
                                ASSESS DYSPNEA PRESENT

                                1036F
                                TOBACCO NON USER

                                1038F
                                PERSISTENT ASTHMA

                                I would appreciate any help!!!!

                                --- debbie brosnan <thebiller_2000@...> wrote:

                                > occasionally here too.
                                >
                                > B Burgess <granbfly@...> wrote: have
                                > done it; do it occasionally. what's the question ?
                                >

                                > Joktan Edison <ejoktan@...> wrote:
                                > Good Morning Everyone!!!!
                                >
                                > Is anyone doing Radiology???

                                > removed]

                                > removed]

                                http://mail.yahoo.com
                              • B Burgess
                                Message 15 of 18 , Nov 2, 2007
                                  ?? Modalities. I'm not sure what your question is................

                                  You lost me somewhere !

                                  Barbara

                                  Joktan Edison <ejoktan@...> wrote:
                                  Here we go!!!!

                                  We require the modalities for the below mentioned
                                  codes??

                                  10061
                                  DRAINAGE OF SKIN ABSCESS

                                  10120
                                  REMOVE FOREIGN BODY

                                  93971
                                  EXTREMITY STUDY

                                  1000F
                                  TOBACCO USE ASSESSED

                                  1004F
                                  CLIN SYMP VOL OVRLD ASSESS

                                  1007F
                                  ANTI INFLM/ANLGSC OTC ASSESS

                                  1007F
                                  ANTI INFLM/ANLGSC OTC ASSESS

                                  1018F
                                  ASSESS DYSPNEA NOT PRESENT

                                  1019F
                                  ASSESS DYSPNEA PRESENT

                                  1036F
                                  TOBACCO NON USER

                                  1038F
                                  PERSISTENT ASTHMA

                                  I would appreciate any help!!!!

                                  --- debbie brosnan <thebiller_2000@...> wrote:

                                  > occasionally here too.
                                  >
                                  > B Burgess <granbfly@...> wrote: have
                                  > done it; do it occasionally. what's the question ?
                                  >

                                  > Joktan Edison <ejoktan@...> wrote:
                                  > Good Morning Everyone!!!!
                                  >
                                  > Is anyone doing Radiology???

                                  > removed]

                                  > removed]

                                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                                • Hans Then
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Nov 2, 2007
                                    we want to know the modalities of these code,like MRI, CAT, or PET scans, or any other modality

                                    B Burgess <granbfly@...> wrote: ?? Modalities. I'm not sure what your question is................

                                    You lost me somewhere !

                                    Barbara

                                    Joktan Edison <ejoktan@...> wrote:
                                    Here we go!!!!

                                    We require the modalities for the below mentioned
                                    codes??

                                    10061
                                    DRAINAGE OF SKIN ABSCESS

                                    10120
                                    REMOVE FOREIGN BODY

                                    93971
                                    EXTREMITY STUDY

                                    1000F
                                    TOBACCO USE ASSESSED

                                    1004F
                                    CLIN SYMP VOL OVRLD ASSESS

                                    1007F
                                    ANTI INFLM/ANLGSC OTC ASSESS

                                    1007F
                                    ANTI INFLM/ANLGSC OTC ASSESS

                                    1018F
                                    ASSESS DYSPNEA NOT PRESENT

                                    1019F
                                    ASSESS DYSPNEA PRESENT

                                    1036F
                                    TOBACCO NON USER

                                    1038F
                                    PERSISTENT ASTHMA

                                    I would appreciate any help!!!!

                                    --- debbie brosnan <thebiller_2000@...> wrote:

                                    > occasionally here too.
                                    >
                                    > B Burgess <granbfly@...> wrote: have
                                    > done it; do it occasionally. what's the question ?
                                    >

                                    > Joktan Edison <ejoktan@...> wrote:
                                    > Good Morning Everyone!!!!
                                    >
                                    > Is anyone doing Radiology???

                                    > removed]

                                    > removed]

                                  • Joktan Edison
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Nov 2, 2007
                                      Barbara,

                                      We just to know what kinds of codes are these? Are
                                      they MRI, CAT or PET SCAN / any thing else.

                                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                                    • B Burgess
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Nov 2, 2007
                                        Well, your first two listed codes are surgical procedures.......... they have nothing to do with radiology. The third one, 93971, is exactly what it says it is -- a duplex ultrasound scan of the extremities. The rest of the codes are all Catagory II F codes which are performance measures which have no RVU's.

                                        Does this help ???

                                        http://mail.yahoo.com