Re: NPI's

  • djgeisel
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 21, 2007
      With medicare you have what is now called a PTAN. It is your Medicare
      number. You need to use the PTAN and the NPI for now. Have you
      reported your NPI to Medicare? Is your software reporting both
      numbers or have they only reported the NPI? I agree that I would call
      Medicare. Diana
      --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "nicole mezni" <nmezni@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > I have medicare claims that are getting rejected because they say
      that they are unable to identify provider. My provider's number is
      correct, but when I went and checked his info on the NPI registry, his
      first name is misspelled. Can this cause the claims to reject from
      medicare even if his provider number is correct?

      > Thanks!
      >
      > Nicole M. Mezni

    • Jacki
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 21, 2007