Re: [MedicalBillers] NPI's

  • Jo An
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 21, 2007
      Hello Nicole,

      We had a broadcast message from my software company stating that if you see
      this rejection to call Medicare and verify your provider file with medicare?
      I hope this makes sense to you

      I did not have to do this so I do not have further information I am sorry.

      Jo An

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 21, 2007
        With medicare you have what is now called a PTAN. It is your Medicare
        number. You need to use the PTAN and the NPI for now. Have you
        reported your NPI to Medicare? Is your software reporting both
        numbers or have they only reported the NPI? I agree that I would call
        Medicare. Diana
        --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, "nicole mezni" <nmezni@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I have medicare claims that are getting rejected because they say
        that they are unable to identify provider. My provider's number is
        correct, but when I went and checked his info on the NPI registry, his
        first name is misspelled. Can this cause the claims to reject from
        medicare even if his provider number is correct?

        > Thanks!
        >
        > Nicole M. Mezni

      • Jacki
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 21, 2007